Old Dagga Male.

Posted by david fletcher on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Aka Very old male.  Enjoying the salt licks in the Aberdares.  Topaz B&W and a bit of Topaz painterly
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Ron Day on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:21 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, another great black and white conversion with very cool texture on the body of the elderly Dagga. I'm curious which Topaz app you are using? I know you were using Topaz Glow, but this doesn't look like Glow to me. In any event, the treatment on the elderly Dagga was applied and presented beautifully. :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:35 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
No complaints about this one, Dave- really well done- the whole thing hangs together so well, and the attitude of this Dagga really says "old" with the sagging posture and somewhat dull eye- very expressive. Contrasts are well done too as is the turn of his head. Terrific!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:16 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Ron Day wrote:Dave, another great black and white conversion with very cool texture on the body of the elderly Dagga. I'm curious which Topaz app you are using? I know you were using Topaz Glow, but this doesn't look like Glow to me. In any event, the treatment on the elderly Dagga was applied and presented beautifully. :)
Hi Ron.  Just B&W and painterly on this one.  (first on the main TiFF file which looks Terrific 'scuse the pun)... Of late, have been working the full size image rather than a downsized pre-posting size shot, so have been able to print large where this really shines... 
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:55 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Such imposing creatures at any age once they're past the calf stage Dave. This old bull still has that 'air' about him, even in his senior years, and your artistic treatment enhances the picture so well.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:01 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
david fletcher wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Dave, another great black and white conversion with very cool texture on the body of the elderly Dagga. I'm curious which Topaz app you are using? I know you were using Topaz Glow, but this doesn't look like Glow to me. In any event, the treatment on the elderly Dagga was applied and presented beautifully. :)
Hi Ron.  Just B&W and painterly on this one.  (first on the main TiFF file which looks Terrific 'scuse the pun)... Of late, have been working the full size image rather than a downsized pre-posting size shot, so have been able to print large where this really shines... 
Got it. Thanks, Dave. Working full size is the way to go.

6 posts |