Moby Dick in His Pirate Hat

Posted by Katlady on Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:21 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Fluid Art

Every now and then I am amazed at the the designs I get when I am manipulating the paint. Sometimes the best images come after you let it sit for awhile and just let things happen. I hope my Stay Out of the Heat Summer Fun Image puts a smile on your face.
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

Posted by:
Katlady
Forum Contributor

by swanuck on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:48 am
swanuck
Forum Contributor
yes i like it

by Ron Day on Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:59 am
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
What a striking abstract, Kathy! The variation of color, line, and shape is unique and works extremely we'll. The interaction of the pinks and blacks, in particular, is special to me. I am a big fan of abstracts, and this is a beauty. :)

by david fletcher on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:38 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Proper fun image. that's how it should be. Very enjoyable abstract
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:52 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Isn't this fun though! I love how things appear when you start moving images around! Did you use liquefy? It's just a wonderfully colorful,imaginative abstract, Mr. Moby aside. Beautifully designed and executed. Absolutely delightful! What was this to start with?
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Katlady on Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 pm
Katlady
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Isn't this fun though!  I love how things appear when you start moving images around!  Did you use liquefy?  It's just a wonderfully colorful,imaginative abstract, Mr. Moby aside. Beautifully designed and executed. Absolutely delightful! What was this to start with?

Cynthia this is all done with paint and manipulation. Of course you have additives to the paint. Pouring compound and silicone.  Look up Fluid Art on Google. There are a bunch of you tube presentations that will amaze you.  Believe me you never know what you will get. Thanks for looking. I photograph these for maybe an hour as they progress and change.
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:47 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Katlady wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Isn't this fun though!  I love how things appear when you start moving images around!  Did you use liquefy?  It's just a wonderfully colorful,imaginative abstract, Mr. Moby aside. Beautifully designed and executed. Absolutely delightful! What was this to start with?

Cynthia this is all done with paint and manipulation. Of course you have additives to the paint. Pouring compound and silicone.  Look up Fluid Art on Google. There are a bunch of you tube presentations that will amaze you.  Believe me you never know what you will get. Thanks for looking. I photograph these for maybe an hour as they progress and change.
Looks like fun!  I can remember doing something similar at times, but never thought to photograph the results in progress. Jackson Pollock move over! ;).
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Sandy R-B on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 am
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Very creative and artistic! Really like this.
Sandy

8 posts |