Dreamcatcher

Posted by Carol Clarke on Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:11 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Made from my own images of an Eagle Owl and an Iris flower, combined, tweaked until it felt right and illuminated. :)

Click for a better view.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

Posted by:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067

by Debapratim Saha on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:36 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Amazing creative work Carol,like the way the eagle has emerged from the centre of the iris flower,blended and thus become a whorl....really happy to see your work!!
Photography is the only solace in life

by Ron Day on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:40 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
What a creative and beautiful composite, Carol. Excellent job of blending the owl into the iris, particularly the breast feathers which fade downward. Love the attractive lighting on the owl - soft, but sufficient to reveal the gorgeous detail. The killer eye, of course, is what draws me into the image. Its golden tones just radiate and stand out so well next to the blues and greens in the scene. A truly imaginative and artistic beauty!!! 8)

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:40 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Looks like a wonderful dream, Carol-love how the Owl emerges from the iris as if by magic. The distant look of the owl's gaze adds so much to the dreamy feel of this beauty as does the bit of glowing light coming from the upper corner. This is a real gem-so full of evocative feeling-I would love to contemplate it on my wall as a meditation. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Sandy R-B on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 am
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Very creative and artistic!
I think I'd prefer just a touch more light on the owl, but excellent just as it is.
Sandy

by Swissblad on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 pm
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Lovely idea and completion, Carol.

Nice to see something different and unique.

Best, S:)

by Carol Clarke on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:15 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Thank you Debapratim, Ron, Cindy, Sandy and Sinuhe for your thoughtful and insightful comments. Helpful, encouraging and food for thought, especially from talents such as yours for which I have the greatest admiration.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:40 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
How cool is this Carol! Wow. Such imagination and artwork. Fabulous. Congrats on the EP Carol
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by LynnS on Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:09 pm
LynnS
Forum Contributor
Aha, so this is where the magic happens, so skillfully combined to enhance the feeling of radiation and illumination, with the lines of flower flowing beautifully outward.  Love the stately demeanor of the cupped Eagle Owl looking outward to its domain.  Best clicked on to fully appreciate the subtle glow and magical mood - wonderful to see the enchanting results of your creativity and thought process - beautifully done, Carol!
Lynn

by Robert Sabin on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:05 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:What a creative and beautiful composite, Carol. Excellent job of blending the owl into the iris, particularly the breast feathers which fade downward. Love the attractive lighting on the owl - soft, but sufficient to reveal the gorgeous detail. The killer eye, of course, is what draws me into the image. Its golden tones just radiate and stand out so well next to the blues and greens in the scene. A truly imaginative and artistic beauty!!! 8)

10 posts |