Young Buck

Posted by david fletcher on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:52 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Am ever, playing with Topaz Glow and am guilty of seeking my peers views.  A few more touches with a bit of vignetting,   
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:12 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Not too little, not too much.  For my tastes this is just perfect with absolutely the right balance between soft and sharp, with the swirling mist and the detail on the buck.

Love it!  Love it!  - did you hear that......Love it!  :D
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Rachels on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 am
Rachels
Forum Contributor
Member #:01991
Love this! Very creative interpretation ...
Rachel Schneiderman
comments and critiques welcomed

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:05 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Have to agree (mostly) with Carol- very tasteful contrasts and I especially like the way this buck seems to appear out of the mist. I'm a little puzzled about the end of the nose-is there a leaf there or did "glow" put a spike on it? I"d also prefer fewer lines around the white eye and nose- otherwise, absolutely wonderful! You are getting to be a real master of these beautiful moods that are full of feeling and sensibility.

I have to confess something about my feelings using apps like "glow" and "fractalius", and this is pretty personal to me. I think they help to create some very wonderful and unique images. I just don't like them to be too obvious, for my own purposes, so that someone can easily recognize what was used. On the other hand, sometimes that is perfectly OK! Rather hypocritical, I guess, but as they say, "it depends...". . Just want you to know where I am coming from if I seem overly picky. Generally you create really a nice , pleasing, artistic balance using these apps, and my comments on this one are only very minor details-the overall effect is truly lovely.

AND- no harm in seeking your "peers views". That's what this is all about! Every time we create something we are vulnerable and it takes courage to put your stuff out there for all to comment on. Sometimes the comments can be way off base too! (Maybe mine, for instance...) ;)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:00 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Have to agree (mostly)  with Carol- very tasteful contrasts and I especially like the way this buck seems to appear out of the mist. I'm a little puzzled about the end of the nose-is there a leaf there or did "glow" put a spike on it? I"d also prefer fewer lines around the white eye and nose-  otherwise, absolutely wonderful! You are  getting to be a real master of these beautiful moods that  are full of feeling and sensibility.

I have to confess something about my feelings using apps like "glow" and "fractalius", and this is pretty personal to me.  I think they  help to create some very wonderful and unique images. I just don't like them to be too obvious, for my own purposes, so that someone can easily recognize what was used. On the other hand, sometimes that is perfectly OK!  Rather hypocritical, I guess, but as they say, "it depends...". .  Just want you to know where I am coming from if I seem overly picky. Generally you create really a nice , pleasing, artistic balance using these apps, and my comments on this one are only very minor details-the overall effect is truly lovely.  

AND- no harm in seeking your "peers views". That's what this is all about! Every time we create something we are vulnerable and it takes courage to put your stuff out there for all to comment on. Sometimes the comments can be way off base too!   (Maybe mine, for instance...) ;)
Thanks Cindy.  (Glow put a spike... lol).  There is quite a difference between the effect created on a full size TIFF and one for the internet.,   I find I am more than comfortable with the TIFFS as the effect and details, naturally are different.  For the web, I'll rework to produce what I felt.

I get the "not too obvious effect" but also sometimes it's right too.  Very much depending on the image imv and the tonal qualities within as some I thought would suit, do not.  Either way, if it helps with the emotive side, I am more than pleased.

I was once told that IDEA'S sell pictures... is it that or the EMOTIONS they create... not into selling mode yet, but that day may come as I've been told off about not marketing images.. (still in enjoy the taking and showing mode).

Thanks Carol and Rachels for your kind words... appreciated
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, a good-looking image of the young buck with excellent detail and texture, particularly in the head area. Love the sharpness of the eye - that's what draws me into the image. And once there, the areas of surrounding fog showcase your subject perfectly. I believe an image that evokes emotion is successful, and yours does this precisely. A very creative and appealing image.  :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:02 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Dave

I hear you- I agree-image size and quality mage a huge difference sometimes. I think pretty much everything on this site benefits from  at least the enlarged view, bur sometimes even that is not sufficient. I am trying to visualize this in a large print- I'll bet it looks just grand...(except for the nose spike, maybe ;) )I'd probably take back every thing I said. Once again, viewing something from a distance (as in, someone looking at a print in a gallery), is so totally different than the kind of pixel peeping that is possible on a computer. I guess that's what you're trying to point out, maybe...  And I do find that often what I created in PS isn't what I end up with here, even being careful with color space and all.
As for ideas/emotions....they kinda work together maybe?  And selling?  I sell things rather casually, and I'm usually surprised by what sells vs what I like best. It seems to be a common happening -have talked to many artists who have had that experience. Go figure.
When you get the market figured out, let us know!!  LOL.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Debapratim Saha on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Lovely creative work...congrats on EP.
Photography is the only solace in life

by Sandy R-B on Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:42 pm
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Excellent work - well-deserving of the EP!
Sandy

9 posts |