Rise of the Phoenix

Posted by david fletcher on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Ok.  Title a bit naff but the firebird with Topaz Glow sort of clicks for me... Been playing with Glow and looking for an effect that mirrored my thoughts.  Re the earlier Deer post, this is one occasion when I did clone a bit as the beak was a bit too heavy on the glow, but I did succumb and add more Glow after I added my copy right symbol as I quite liked the effect there.  Deep coloured rather than light and airy as I felt that was more suitable.  
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Last edited by david fletcher on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:32 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Dave this is quite colorful and has a lot of charm in that regard. I like the pose. Maybe it's my screen, but for me the eye doesn't stand out very well- I think this could be pretty exciting with a bright eye-something to match the colorful bird. Maybe even brighten up the blues a bit more? I like that you kept the beak sharp, and the flaming name is fun! Lots of potential here. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:37 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Dave  this is quite colorful and has a lot of charm in that regard. I like the pose. Maybe it's my screen, but for me the eye doesn't stand out very well- I think this could be pretty exciting with a bright eye-something to match the colorful bird. Maybe even brighten up the blues a bit more?  I like that you kept the beak sharp, and the flaming name is fun! Lots of potential here. :)
Thanks Cindy.. duly amended... 
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
david fletcher wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Dave  this is quite colorful and has a lot of charm in that regard. I like the pose. Maybe it's my screen, but for me the eye doesn't stand out very well- I think this could be pretty exciting with a bright eye-something to match the colorful bird. Maybe even brighten up the blues a bit more?  I like that you kept the beak sharp, and the flaming name is fun! Lots of potential here. :)
Thanks Cindy.. duly amended... 
That looks much better!  Usually we don't change the original post, but add an amendment in a reply so we can see the difference, but that's OK-don't change it back. Maybe show the original in a reply if you like.

I like this one a lot , in any case-much more exciting! Hot stuff! :))

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:35 am
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Dave, lovely color in the bird and great composition with the bird looking through the frame. Love the texture you used on the background - good color and it appears perfect to showcase the bird. Keep up the great work.

by swanuck on Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:54 pm
swanuck
Forum Contributor
brilliant topaz colors

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:39 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Your treatment really enhances the gorgeous colours of this wonderful species! A beauty!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

7 posts |