Elephant

Posted by david fletcher on Mon May 29, 2017 12:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Whilst an old favourite the use of Topaz Glow for me, has enhanced the feelings and features I wanted to show about elephants.  Taken in the Aberdares from a ground level hide.  Drifting from my oft used treatment to what I felt is in accord with the textures seen, including the algae on the rear of the trunk... 
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Ron Day on Mon May 29, 2017 3:50 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
I see this as an abstract, and a very good one! The juxtaposition of the foot and trunk, with their unique color and texture, is brilliant. I feel the ultra-low angle of view and the closeness in proximity both contribute significantly to the success of the image. So unusual, unique, and beautiful, Dave! 

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue May 30, 2017 4:12 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
What a wonderful and unique way to say "elephant". I think you nailed the texture-just right! Agree with Ron -makes a great abstract too-so well designed and colorful. An exciting and unusual presentation!

By the way, had no idea about algae on elephant trunks. Does it grow there or is it just picked up from the water?
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Jeff Munoz on Tue May 30, 2017 10:47 pm
Jeff Munoz
Forum Contributor
Member #:01802
You Rock Dave, love the composition and the post editing!!!
Jeff Muñoz - Live the unique Photography Expeditions to Costa Rica with http://rainforestphototours.com

by david fletcher on Wed May 31, 2017 11:42 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Cynthia Crawford wrote:What a wonderful and unique way to say "elephant". I think you nailed the texture-just right! Agree with Ron -makes a great abstract  too-so well designed and colorful.  An exciting and unusual presentation!

By the way, had no idea about algae on elephant trunks. Does it grow there or is it just picked up from the water?

thanks all for your time and kind words.  Cindy, i believe the algae is purely down to the wetter climate in the Aberdares, being at an elevation and high forest.  Not seen that effect on ele's in the Mara or elsewhere.  
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

5 posts |