Male Lion

Posted by david fletcher on Thu May 11, 2017 2:18 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Never shown this.... taken in Nairobi NP...  I remember when taking this how fierce it looked .... tails wasn't flicking side to side but half expected that to happen quickly as it appeared agitated by our closeness, so moved on.  Topaz glow I hope adds interest but retains that " I am a lion " still.   Topaz Glow... Plus a few tweaks...
David Fletcher   Moderator.   Birds, Photo & Digital Art

Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu May 11, 2017 3:11 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Well, I'd be running the other way, that's for sure! He certainly still says "lion", and the enhanced colors are exciting-add a lot to the mood. Only little thing I'd consider changing is to somehow brighten his eyes just a touch and maybe tone down the bright white highlight in the upper left on his head. I'm not sure that would even work without trying it-just a minor detail. Very fierce and effective!!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Sandy R-B on Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 pm
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
David - love this! The "Glow" and added texture fits this King very well, especially enhancing the chin fur and whiskers.
Great work!
Sandy

by Ron Day on Fri May 12, 2017 2:16 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
He definitely has you in his line of sight, Dave. And your treatment with Topaz Glow, with its twists and twirls, surely accentuates his fierceness. Love those penetrating eyes, whiskers, and the lower teeth exposed. Beautiful work, Dave! I see why you moved on so quickly.  Roooooooooar!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

by Carol Clarke on Tue May 16, 2017 9:37 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Well, I'd be running the other way, that's for sure! He certainly still says "lion", and the enhanced colors are exciting-add a lot to the mood.  Only little thing I'd consider changing is to somehow brighten his eyes just a touch and maybe tone down the bright white highlight in the upper left on his head. I'm not sure that would even work without trying it-just a minor detail.  Very fierce and effective!!

+ one to that! 

You are really finding your artistic talents (which are so evident in your photography) :wink:  and creating some very enjoyable pictures !  So good to see you exploring other avenues! 
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

5 posts |