Appalachian Spring

Posted by Richard Ketelle on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Rain hike yesterday provided Spring colors and textures at Frozen Head State Park in East Tennessee. Handheld while juggling an umbrella.
My first NSN post here after lurking for more years than I care to discuss but learning much from all the talent on this site. A larger version of this image and samples of other work by my wife and me are at www.fandkphoto.com

Sony A6300
Zeiss 16-70 @16 (cropped)
ISO 400
1/15th
f6.3
PS CS6 and Topaz
Richard Ketelle
http://fandkphoto.com

Posted by:
Richard Ketelle
Forum Contributor

by WILDSUDIPTA on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:29 am
WILDSUDIPTA
Forum Contributor
Wow .....

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:07 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Welcome!! Glad you decided to join us- this picture really says "Spring"! Love the intense greens and the lovely feeling of walking in the rain. The perspective is compelling, taking you back into the picture until you meet up with the lone figure in the distance. The enhancements, bringing out the textures and shapes works very well.

Hope we'll see more from you.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:50 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Welcome, Dick. A very fine image for your first post. The converging lines of the trail, and the small person with the umbrella and red coat in the distance, create a wonderful feeling of depth and dimension, and this makes the image for me. I also think the textures created in the leaves and trail surface are beautiful and definitely enhance the overall feel of the image. A lovely, artistic presentation.

by Sandy R-B on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:38 pm
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Very peaceful, serene, and inviting.
I'm wondering if it would be even more effective with a bit less path (ie cropped up a bit) ?
Mesmerizing just as it is, though.
Sandy

5 posts |