Pure Joy (c)

Posted by crw816 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:29 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Canon 5D Mark IV, Canon 100-400 II, f5, 1/1250sec, ISO 100, Handheld

(c) for captive animal.... lol. 

I know it is a little unorthodox to post pet pics here, so please forgive my transgression...  I just couldn't resist.

One of our Rotties is a southern bell (rescued from Georgia), and this is her first winter up here in Vermont.  Snow is just about her favorite thing, and when Stella blew in dumping almost 30 inches of the white stuff, the backyard became a playground.  She romped through the snow and the look on her face was that of pure joy. 

Hope her grin puts a smile on your face too.
Chris White
www.whitephotogallery.com

Posted by:
crw816
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:41 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Chris, I love this and it certainly brought a smile to my face this morning!  

I can't leave the image in Wildlife.    I feel that it could qualify for the artistic side of Travel and Culture, as taking in rescue dogs is definitely a part of our culture and I have personally taken in and loved eight rescue dogs so far, and will continue to do so.  I will leave the decision to Cindy and Ron in P&DA if they feel this sweet girl has a home with them!  :D
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:46 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Chris

I think we make occasional exceptions- I've seen a few pets here. OK by me as long it is VERY occasional.

Love the photo! What a joyful face. We had the same storm., and out short-legged terrier loves it too, even though he flounders. He rolls in it ecstatically. Might as well get some fun out of this big surprise load of snow! It is very pretty.....
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:55 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Capturing the emotion of sheer ecstasy is a rarity, but you have done it well in this photograph. The smile, the tongue, the eyes and the ears say it all. I have two German Shepherd dogs that go crazy when it snows, so I can relate to the sense of joy your southern bell is expressing here. Great capture, Chris!  :D

by patacao on Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:53 pm
patacao
Forum Contributor
ohh great expression on the rottie's face, specially with the snow. Very nice!

5 posts |