Bull Moose walking in grass

Posted by Mark Picard on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:31 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
From the original file,(no cloning) worked up in Topaz Impression, then NIK filters and on to Photoshop CC for final tweaks. This is one of my all time favorite moose images I have taken. I like how the mountain mimics the shape of the moose's back.
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

Posted by:
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:10 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
What a handsome image! The side light and colors are gorgeous, and I love the layering from the foreground water to the cloud bank above. And it's wonderful how the mountain mimics the shape of the moose's back - very cool! The pronounced paint strokes in the clouds add very nice definition to the sky. Beautiful, artistic work, Mark.  

by Gary Gulash on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:29 am
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
This is a beautiful creation Mark, love it! The greens might be a bit over the top for a straight wildlife photo but I like the look in this more impressionistic work. Not often that foreground, mid and background are all equally interesting, but holds true for this photo.

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:08 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
This is gorgeous, Mark!. The colors are captivating, and as you say, the echo of the shapes in the mountain give it extra interest -the whole composition is very harmonious and pleasing from top to bottom. The refection leads you into the picture and the mountains and sky frame it nicely. Speaking of framing....that's what you should do! Would love to see it on a wall in large format!

Very nice work!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Mark Picard on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:17 am
Mark Picard
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:This is gorgeous, Mark!. The colors are captivating, and as you say, the echo of the shapes in the mountain give it  extra interest -the whole composition is very harmonious and pleasing from top to bottom. The refection leads you into the picture and the mountains and sky frame it nicely.  Speaking of framing....that's what you should do! Would love to see it on a wall in large format!

Very nice work!
Thanks Cynthia - and I want to let you know that that image has been printed in both forms (Topaz and "straight") I have it in canvas wrap at 18x24 and 20x30, and prints from 5x7 and up in my gallery. My next project for the straight image is for a 36x48 canvas wrap for a restaurant that has a room with a moose theme (they already show 2 of other moose of mine at 36x48).
Mark Picard
Maine Photography Workshops

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:00 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Mark Picard wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:This is gorgeous, Mark!. The colors are captivating, and as you say, the echo of the shapes in the mountain give it  extra interest -the whole composition is very harmonious and pleasing from top to bottom. The refection leads you into the picture and the mountains and sky frame it nicely.  Speaking of framing....that's what you should do! Would love to see it on a wall in large format!

Very nice work!
Thanks Cynthia - and I want to let you know that that image has been printed in both forms (Topaz and "straight") I have it in canvas wrap at 18x24 and 20x30, and prints from 5x7 and up in my gallery. My next project for the straight image is for a 36x48 canvas wrap for a restaurant that has a room with a moose theme (they already show 2 of other moose of mine at 36x48).
Hey, that's great, Mark! So glad it is being seen as it should!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:41 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Nicely done Mark. All been said so just adding my congrats
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by John Labrenz on Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:12 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Soooo cooool!

8 posts |