The Chase is On

Posted by Katlady on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
This time of year there is a lot of action with the Osprey's nesting. Some of the action is between the mates and other is with the interlopers causing issues around the nest. This image depicts interaction between the male osprey I follow, (facing you) being harassed by an outside Osprey.  I used Topaz Simplify Oil Painting 1 and then used a texture to give the BG more definition.
Hope you like it.

Comments Welcome!
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

Posted by:
Katlady
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:54 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Really nice action shot! I like "your" Osprey's fierce look as the intruder approaches. The subtle texture enhances the whole action-very nice texture , especially in the sky. The contrasts are well defined and the whole piece has a very pleasing , artistic flow. It's an exciting "I wonder what happened next" sort of photo.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:18 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
A very dynamic and powerful scene depicting the interaction between the male osprey you follow and the outsider. I love the pose of the "your" male with his wings up and head turned toward the intruder displaying that fierce yellow eye. Your oil painting in Topaz Simplify left nice detail in the wings and feathers, a definite plus in my view. And the texture you used in the background did a wonderful job of adding definition to the clouds and sky. A beautiful, artistic presentation of this suspenseful moment you experienced in the wild.

3 posts |