Audubon Zoo New Orleans, LA - Nikon D810, 300mm f/2.8 VR II,
cropped, 1/500 sec;   f/4.0;   ISO 400

Posted by:
byuboy54
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:46 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
This is such an entertaining close-up with that big red nose and those expressive eyes. And the whiskers! I think you've really captured the essence of the animal. Great job!
Would you care to share your process here? Did you apply some filters? It's always fun to know what someone's thinking was behind these wonderful creations. Thanks for posting!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Mike in O on Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:56 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
That Mandrill is sure photogenic.

by Ron Day on Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:04 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
This is an image with high impact. The facial design and bold color is unique and striking. Beautiful detail throughout, particularly in the facial hair. And the eyes, recessed and darker, are haunting. Just an incredible portrait off this baboon. You are allowed to go up to 800 pixels on the long side of the images you post, and a image that size is much easier for all participants to review and critique.  :)

by Gary Briney on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:00 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Striking color and detail
G. Briney

by byuboy54 on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:41 pm
byuboy54
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:This is such an entertaining close-up with that big red nose and those expressive eyes. And the whiskers!  I think you've really captured the essence of the animal. Great job!
Would you care to share your process here? Did you apply some filters? It's always fun to know what someone's thinking was behind these wonderful creations.  Thanks for posting!
This is a cropped image from the original, of course. This close and I wouldn't be posting here, Ha. I used Topaz InFocus initially to sharpen. Light use Oil Paint in CS6; I don't have cloud. Nik Color Efex Pro 4 filters used to enhance color and darken/ lighten center. Viveza 2 to lighten eyes. That should be about it. 

by Ron Day on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:16 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
byuboy54 wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:This is such an entertaining close-up with that big red nose and those expressive eyes. And the whiskers!  I think you've really captured the essence of the animal. Great job!
Would you care to share your process here? Did you apply some filters? It's always fun to know what someone's thinking was behind these wonderful creations.  Thanks for posting!
This is a cropped image from the original, of course. This close and I wouldn't be posting here, Ha. I used Topaz InFocus initially to sharpen. Light use Oil Paint in CS6; I don't have cloud. Nik Color Efex Pro 4 filters used to enhance color and darken/ lighten center. Viveza 2 to lighten eyes. That should be about it. 
Thank you for posting the techniques you used for processing this image.  :)

by Sandy R-B on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:41 pm
Sandy R-B
Forum Contributor
Amazing face, and processed perfectly. The detail is excellent, especially those whiskers.
Just marvelous!
Sandy

8 posts |