Harriet in All Her Splendor

Posted by Katlady on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
I have fallen in love with the female Osprey whose nest I shoot every year.  She has such a dynamic, I am in charge of the world personality. She held this pose for more than a few seconds. She knows she is beautiful.

Lately I have been experimenting with B & W and Topaz Impression Filters.
 This was my image today.
I hope you like it!
Comments Welcome!
Observing and recording nature should always be done with awe and the knowledge that it is a privilege to just be there!
        -Kathy Urbach-

Posted by:
Katlady
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:14 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
The pose you captured with the wings up is lovely and works perfectly in the panorama format. I like that you left some of the nesting material in the lower part of the frame, as it hints of a sense of place. A very attractive black and white conversion using multiple tones, and an excellent result with Topaz Impression. The light toned texture at the wing tips, and around the osprey's body, is beautiful and reminds me of a light fog in the scene. A very beautiful and artistic presentation, and certainly a fine compliment to Harriet.

by Mark Boranyak on Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:06 am
Mark Boranyak
Forum Contributor
Lovely image. It would be interesting to see it using Impressions, but in color.

Thanks for sharing.

Mark

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:15 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I think your feelings about "Harriet" are well expressed here in an appealing, impressionistic way. I like the way the light is shining on her as she poses with wings outspread. The turn of her head is lovely too. Very elegant and beautifully rendered. I like Ron's comments as well. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

4 posts |