stripestreak

Posted by andre paul on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
this stripestreak is arawacus moliboeus

working  on textures here.

i printed this 35 inches in metacrilate and i was pleased with the result ....

d810 / micronikkor 200mm @f8 /fill flash -2ev

fractalius filters / cs6 adjustments.

how do like the texture pattern ?

feel free to click in the image...

regards.
andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

Posted by:
andre paul
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:20 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Andre

I like this one very much- the texture looks like rice paper to me- very delicate and suitable to the subject. I also like how it looks on the Stripestreak- a little less texture and slightly different, which that makes it stand out beautifully. The colors are very harmonious and pleasing.
Well worth clicking on the image, by the way, for a much nicer representation.

Nice work!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:28 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I love the textures here Andre! The delicate multitude of fine lines in the background continue into infinity, and the stylish dark tracery of the outlines on the butterfly highlight the elegance of the exquisite wing structure to perfection. This must look amazing in a large print!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:47 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Excellent capture of the butterfly, Andre, with the 200 mm Micro Nikkor. I love that lens, because it is so sharp. Beautiful composition too with the butterfly perched on the diagonal line of the leaf. The textures you have used here are beautiful. I particularly like the minute detail in the background texture, it's just perfect. Also, the colors work well together, and I love the lighter tones in the butterfly which immediately attract my attention. This must be an incredible print at 35 inches, and it is easy to understand why you were pleased with it. This image deserves a spot in your new website, Andre. It's delightful.  

by andre paul on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Andre

I like this one very much- the texture looks like rice paper to me- very delicate and suitable to the subject. I also like how it looks on the Stripestreak- a little less texture and slightly different, which that makes it stand out beautifully. The colors are very harmonious and pleasing.

Nice work!
thanks for the kind comments and analysis cynthia!
your observation about rice paper testure  is very interesting.

regards
andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by andre paul on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:08 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:I love the textures here Andre!  The delicate multitude of fine lines in the background continue into infinity, and the stylish dark tracery of the outlines on the butterfly highlight the elegance of the exquisite wing structure to perfection.  This must look amazing in a large print!

thanks carol.
you are always so kind ;-)

andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by andre paul on Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:12 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:Excellent capture of the butterfly, Andre, with the 200 mm Micro Nikkor. I love that lens, because it is so sharp. Beautiful composition too with the butterfly perched on the diagonal line of the leaf. The textures you have used here are beautiful. I particularly like the minute detail in the background texture, it's just perfect. Also, the colors work well together, and I love the lighter tones in the butterfly which immediately attract my attention. This must be an incredible print at 35 inches, and it is easy to understand why you were pleased with it. This image deserves a spot in your new website, Andre. It's delightful.  
hey don!
appreciate your analysys as always.
the 200mm micro is my working horse for close ups and macro. i have the 5t and 6t achromats from nikon so its a no brainer for me ;-)
( i do have the 105vr and 55 ais micro also )

regards.
andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:03 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
andre paul wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi Andre

Nice work!
thanks for the kind comments and analysis cynthia!
your observation about rice paper testure  is very interesting.

regards
andre.
Andre-some people are  printing on rice paper and other textured media. Don't know if you've tried that- I haven't, but I've seen some interesting effects from others. 
I also think this texture looks a bit like batik.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

8 posts |