The Chase

Posted by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
A Common Crow chasing a Red-tailed Hawk-taken a while ago- thought I'd have some fun with it. A lot of steps- I think I started with PS filter gallery poster edges+rough pastel. Then I added some texture to the background and played around with various tones.
Canon 1DIV + 400 5.6, 1/6400, f/6.3, ISO 500
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

Posted by:
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733

by Ron Day on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:09 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
First, you are to be congratulated on capturing this shot of two birds in flight. My first thought was a composite, but no, you have two sharp birds on the wing. What an accomplishment, and the flight positions are excellent. The colors and textures in the birds and background are very pleasing. And I like the dark frame - it seems to make the lovely texture in the sky stand out. Beautiful job, Cindy.

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:18 am
Cynthia Crawford
Thanks Ron. They were, indeed taken together. I was surprised myself!
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Carol Clarke on Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:12 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
This takes me back to my childhood Cindy!  When I was between the ages of 5 and 10 years old (a long time ago) at a very small junior school, I was such an avid reader that I had first pick of the new books coming into the school library. I always went for the nature and wildlife publications which in my earlier years had illustrations just like this!    If an image can stir an emotion or memory, then it deserves a big plus in my opinion.  Art should be able to at least give pause for thought, and this certainly does that.  Thanks for the memories!  8)

As Ron says, the interaction in the original shot was well spotted and captured - the rest is a bonus.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Carol Clarke wrote:This takes me back to my childhood Cindy!  When I was between the ages of 5 and 10 years old (a long time ago) at a very small junior school, I was such an avid reader that I had first pick of the new books coming into the school library. I always went for the nature and wildlife publications which in my earlier years had illustrations just like this!    If an image can stir an emotion or memory, then it deserves a big plus in my opinion.  Art should be able to at least give pause for thought, and this certainly does that.  Thanks for the memories!  8)

As Ron says, the interaction in the original shot was well spotted and captured - the rest is a bonus.
What a wonderful story, Carol. It warms my heart if this picture brought back such a beautiful memory. And how like you to have such an interest at such a tender age! Sometimes these moments stick in our mind's eye forever, don't they?  I am always honored to have witnessed something special in nature regardless of the success or lack thereof, of the photograph. But if the photo can tell a story or evoke one, I am well pleased.  Thank you for yours.  :)

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

5 posts |