Soft Walkers

Posted by Eia on Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:41 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
I posted a similar image in landscapes.
Here - A different angle and I kept the trees sharp but softened the surrounding brush.
I thought they looked like trees walking toward me anyway.
Hopeful to see the greens growing after a wildfire swept through this wash a few years ago in Tonto NF (Az).

280 mm from 300
f/11
1/500 s
iso 450
~AnnaMaria~

Posted by:
Eia
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:21 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Well, I've examined both images (Landscape and P&DA), and I definitely feel that the softening of the brush in this image best conveys the feeling you had -- that the trees were walking towards you. Actually, the softening of the underbrush makes the trees much more visible, so their "arms" and "legs" (their  branches) can be seen as they amble down the incline in your direction. In fact, the longer I study the image, the more the trees appear to come to life. At the top right area, for example, I see a tree with its arms extended, and with its left leg up and extended out to the side. Then, in the bottom right area, I see one tree pushing a tree in front of it from behind. It's similar to looking at clouds and seeing images encased therein. So, you are to be commended for seeing this design in the landscape and bringing it to life. I have enjoyed what you have created here very much. Nicely done! :)

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:23 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I like your softened version very much. I think Ron pretty much said it all- a wonderful feel that those trees are in motion through a misty, almost surreal environment. They look quite agitated! What works especially well in this version is the blending of colors to make that misty look. For me this evokes something like an Arthur Rackham painting, or perhaps Tolkien's "Ents". :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

3 posts |