boats

Posted by andre paul on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:03 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
last month i was walking in some beaches in southern bahia state, northeastern region in Brazil....
this image was taken in Ponta do Corumbau , a beautiful small and peaceful place .

d7100 - IR590nm pos processed to emulate 800nm
fractalius and cs6 adjustments. 

feel free to click in the image!

regards
andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

Posted by:
andre paul
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:29 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Very interesting textures-I like your IR conversion. This app kind of softens the boats, giving them a dreamy look. It's a bit complex with all those wiggles-kind of distracting- I wonder what the straight IR looks like? Maybe simplify this a bit? (note- I'm not overly fond of fractalius for this kind of photo- just my personal taste). Thanks for including your processing information. Always appreciate people's willingness to show their creations here, too.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by andre paul on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:43 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
hi cynthia!
thanks for your always interesting comments!
just a side note, the filtering in this image was with the watercolour protocol, and several tweeks in the program ( i use the fractalius term because the name of the filter program package is fractalius, but the fractalius filtering was not used here ... ;-) )

the original IR image is quite interesting to me, but if posted would have gone to the travel forum i guess ;-)

overall i am having some fun messig around with all theese filters....

besides fractalius and topaz, ( and photoshop cs6 filters ) do yu know any other interesting software for digital imaging effects ?

thanks for your comments !
andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
andre paul wrote:hi cynthia!
thanks for your always interesting comments!
just a side note, the filtering in this image was with the watercolour protocol, and several tweeks in the program ( i use the fractalius term because the name of the filter program package is fractalius, but the fractalius filtering was not used here ... ;-) )

the original IR image is quite interesting to me, but if posted would have gone to the travel forum i guess ;-)

overall i am having some fun messig around with all theese filters....

besides fractalius and topaz, ( and photoshop cs6 filters ) do yu know any other interesting software for digital imaging effects ?

thanks for your comments !
andre.
Hi Andre

I really like Topaz-I don't know which ones you have- but "Impression" is fun and has a lot of features.  (maybe that's what you used?). I think the tweaking of any app is really what counts-otherwise things can just look obvious...meaning someone might say- oh, yeah- I recognize that overlay-, and depending on how they think, it might be exciting or just too obviously the same over and over. Hope that makes sense.

Gary Briney and I (mostly Gary) put together some tutorials on this galley site which are still available , though they aren't obvious. Click on "announcements" at the top right, then "Techniques v2.0.1" . Some stuff is dated, but some is still relevant. 
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=198833

Have fun!!

I don't know of much else out there, but you sure have a lot of leeway with even a few filters.
By the way, "just IR" can go either here or in travel & culture- your choice. :)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by andre paul on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:41 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
thanks for the input !!!!!!!!!
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Ron Day on Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:42 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
In the dark viewing mode, this image almost takes on a three dimensional appearance. The trees in the background and the lettering on the boat, for example, seem to really stand out well. Good job with the black and white conversion too.

by andre paul on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:46 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Ron,
always appreciate your interesting observations !!!
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Gary Briney on Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:41 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
I like the texture very much
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:51 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Like Ron said, the dark BG makes it look 3D. Good observation Ron! Really cool depth.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by andre paul on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:13 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
thanks for the observations Gary and Joe !!!
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

10 posts |