A slight painting overlay.
~AnnaMaria~

Posted by:
Eia
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:14 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I love the light on the cactus- this works especially well when you click on it for the black background. The streak of white along the shore and bit of water showing is nice. Not so sure about the sparkle-I find it a bit distracting so low in the picture-it might look better toned down a bit as it seems to be overexposed with some red fringing in the water there. Alternatively, a crop from the top might balance things better. It's really a lovely and unique scene.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Eia on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:00 pm
Eia
Forum Contributor
Thank you for your suggestions/comment. I really appreciate it. The very first thing I tried was the crop but I didn't like it. For me it lost some depth and made the lighting lesser. I see about your suggestion with the lower part. :)
~AnnaMaria~

by Cynthia Crawford on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:51 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Eia wrote:Thank you for your suggestions/comment. I really appreciate it. The very first thing I tried was the crop but I didn't like it. For me it lost some depth and made the lighting lesser. I see about your suggestion with the lower part. :)
I see what you mean about the depth- it does lose something if cropped. I'm wondering if this picture looks a whole lot bigger in a really big format-there are so many fine details in it.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ron Day on Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:03 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Beautiful backlighting on the cacti.

by Gary Briney on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:24 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Gorgeous light, and nice sense of depth. I'd like to offer an alternative point of view -- I like a vertical crop, beginning just below the rocky strip under the bushes, placing the larger cactus to the right of center.
G. Briney

6 posts |