fbpixel

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Roboticon on Tue May 30, 2017 3:52 am
Roboticon
Forum Contributor
When registering a copyright for 3D Stereo photographs, I'm guessing that I should assemble the two images (left and right) next to each other, as they'd be viewed in a viewer / stereoscope.  This is the way they would appear when published or submitted for viewing on the WWW - two images next to each other with a very small space between to form 3D when viewed with viewer.

So, in digital form, the two images, left and right, would also be saved as one 3D Stereo image, both the left and right.  
I believe that I have seen 3D books and Stereo cards handled this way.

And would this count as two images or one (I think one) when registering?

But what would anyone's / everyone's opinion on this be?
Thanks!
Randall

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:59 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

I don't see why you would need to register both, since they are the same image. And you can batch register images, so you could register as many as you wanted in one batch and pay the one $35(?) fee.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store 25 Places To Sell Your Photographs And Photography Skills and The Vanishing Old West - Jerome

by Carolyn E. Wright on Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:04 pm
Carolyn E. Wright
Member #:00282
Roboticon wrote:
When registering a copyright for 3D Stereo photographs, I'm guessing that I should assemble the two images (left and right) next to each other, as they'd be viewed in a viewer / stereoscope.  This is the way they would appear when published or submitted for viewing on the WWW - two images next to each other with a very small space between to form 3D when viewed with viewer.

So, in digital form, the two images, left and right, would also be saved as one 3D Stereo image, both the left and right.  
I believe that I have seen 3D books and Stereo cards handled this way.

And would this count as two images or one (I think one) when registering?

But what would anyone's / everyone's opinion on this be?
Thanks!
Randall

Ask the Copyright Office:  https://www.copyright.gov/help/index.html
to make sure that you get this right!
Carolyn E. Wright, Esq.
Lawyer for Photographers and NSN Moderator
Photo Attorney® at www.photoattorney.com

3 posts | 

People Who Like This: