All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by andre paul on Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:59 pm
andre paul
Forum Contributor
hello dear naturescape photographers,

after selling a few big posters, i am starting a process of building a new website to sell posters ( digital effects / psycodelic images ;-) )
initially i will sell posters in a relatively artesanal way, not expecting big sales so i will not be working with carts..., just email contact . i will be selling posters, not selling the arquives....

i am wondering if zenfolio or smugmug would work well...
is there any clearr advantage or disavanage between zenfolio or smugmug ? any other prefered sites?

regards to all here!

andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

by Dave Weber on Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 pm
Dave Weber
Forum Contributor
Good luck selling prints on the Internet.  

I too sold a few prints at craft shows where customers got to touch, feel and look really close at the print.

Then I went all in on a website.  I had one called http://www.photowallpaper.com  .    After about 3 years of dismal sales, my wife made me shut it down to stop loosing money.  So, I shut down the website and sold the domain name.

My experience has been that people who buy photographic prints don't buy them over the Internet, they prefer to buy them in person.  What I can tell you though is that once you put your photos on-line, the better images will be stolen by many people.

Andre, good luck, and hope that you do better than I did.

by andre paul on Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:29 am
andre paul
Forum Contributor
Dave Weber wrote:
Good luck selling prints on the Internet.  

I too sold a few prints at craft shows where customers got to touch, feel and look really close at the print.

Then I went all in on a website.  I had one called http://www.photowallpaper.com  .    After about 3 years of dismal sales, my wife made me shut it down to stop loosing money.  So, I shut down the website and sold the domain name.

My experience has been that people who buy photographic prints don't buy them over the Internet, they prefer to buy them in person.  What I can tell you though is that once you put your photos on-line, the better images will be stolen by many people.

Andre, good luck, and hope that you do better than I did.

hi dave,
i agree, i feel my posters will not be sold through the web. 
i actually want to just be able to show through a nice site the possibilities of image postery/digital art to people in touch with me . 
( mostly butterlfies, reptiles / amphibians and plants/flowers)
no big resolution images in the web to be stolen....
after printing some nice posters of digital art with expensive canson canvas and selling a few, there is no doubt that looking and feeling the work seen live has nothing to do with the images in the web...
i saw your site... the canson pro canvas seems to be more expensive then the canvas you are using.....at least here in brazil ;-)
i do not expect to sell tons , but one never knows ... ;-)

thanks for your input!
andre.
andre reichmann
**sao paulo-brazil**

3 posts | 

People Who Like This: