« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:13 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
edited 

Cyanide is one of the most rapidly acting of all known poisons, preventing cells of the body from using oxygen, essentially suffocating the animal.

...........it is also an indiscriminate killer, affecting other wildlife and contaminating the ecosystem. The contamination increases with rain

"We need to go quickly and decontaminate the area," Washaya-Moyo said. "The rainy season is coming, so we need to move with speed."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/africa/zi ... -poaching/

The longer I am involved with this, the clearer it seems that the only way to stop this is by banning ivory.  

Last edited by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:36 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
Robert...I hate to say it....... but your probably wasting your time around here....

Paul
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:52 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
PBS has a series about the Elephant and the destruction they are facing... If people are already signed up for PBS and for 5 dollars a month enroll in "Passport" status they can watch it. Dare I say the 5 dollars will stop most dead in their tracks here???

http://www.pbs.org/video/2336802391/

Paul
Paul Leverington

Last edited by pleverington on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:02 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
pleverington wrote:Robert...I hate to say it....... but your probably wasting your time around here....

Paul
Gee, I guess maybe Paul.  I'm shocked and disappointed ...... but undaunted.

Progress is slow but I think that things may be starting to look just a little better.

Please have a look at the post I am about to make on the results of President Xi Jinping's ivory ban.  So let's comment on it over there, not here.

Thank you my friend :)
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
Make no mistake Robert I'm on your page...

But you, and me, and a couple of others have been at it on this site for a few years now trying in vain to get some sort of response. We are bleeding out....your bleeding out....and I really can't tell you why no one takes notice.....

If you look on the donations website started by Max Gower,  https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/roger-gower  .....the input from just regular folk all over the world is overwhelming. Go through the list of donors  and read their commentary and look at some who have donated such large sums. Yet here you can't even get 3 people to say anything let alone donate.....
So maybe you, and I, are not the guys to be doing this work...maybe we are fails...or we are inept....whatever the reason people don't want to hear it ...at least from us......

Like Stevemajor says...we are the end of the world gang torturing the rest of the membership. Robert we are nothing, but an annoyance to everyone....We need to stop...move on and spend our time somewhere where it will do the most good....I have little doubt and faith that people like us and Santafe joe and wdcarrier can make a difference somewhere else. Forgive me if I left out some who are proud to be on the list....

I'm not even on the membership list it seems. Downing has told me I'm the biggest pain in the ass on the site and to go get a life.....Maybe he's right and it's time to go and let these people alone. They want to take pictures. That's what this site is about anyhow isn't it?

Well we are bleeding and dying slowly but surely.....If I am to die then let me die trying somewhere where it might make a difference....

It's time to go Robert...Your efforts and mine are better off elsewhere....

Paul
Paul Leverington
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:51 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
pleverington wrote:Make no mistake Robert I'm on your page...

But you, and me, and a couple of others have been at it on this site for a few years now trying in vain to get some sort of response. We are bleeding out....your bleeding out....and I really can't tell you why no one takes notice.....

If you look on the donations website started by Max Gower,  https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/roger-gower  .....the input from just regular folk all over the world is overwhelming. Go through the list of donors  and read their commentary and look at some who have donated such large sums. Yet here you can't even get 3 people to say anything let alone donate.....
So maybe you, and I, are not the guys to be doing this work...maybe we are fails...or we are inept....whatever the reason people don't want to hear it ...at least from us......

Like Stevemajor says...we are the end of the world gang torturing the rest of the membership. Robert we are nothing, but an annoyance to everyone....We need to stop...move on and spend our time somewhere where it will do the most good....I have little doubt and faith that people like us and Santafe joe and wdcarrier can make a difference somewhere else. Forgive me if I left out some who are proud to be on the list....

I'm not even on the membership list it seems. Downing has told me I'm the biggest pain in the ass on the site and to go get a life.....Maybe he's right and it's time to go and let these people alone. They want to take pictures. That's what this site is about anyhow isn't it?

Well we are bleeding and dying slowly but surely.....If I am to die then let me die trying somewhere where it might make a difference....

It's time to go Robert...Your efforts and mine are better off elsewhere....

Paul
Paul...

Just opened Max Gower's site and did my modest part too.  

Frankly, I do feel just about the way Paul Fusco does regarding the money.  But I could be wrong.

And who knows where this will go ?   

It sure seems Max Gowers is going to blow right by that 50K pound goal, maybe even by tomorrow.   

P.S.:  Oh, I sure can sometimes get frustrated.  But I should not expect people here to participate with comments.  And I am appreciative of those who do.  Notice there are lot's of anonymous donations.  I suspect many people from NSN have donated. :)  

We must never lose hope.  Roger Gower's death and the Xi Pinjing news are part of a turning point.
Topic Locked  

6 posts |