« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:37 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Reference the ongoing elephant slaughter:

I need help!

In the past I have asked on this forum for input and few have even commented.  I think they are afraid of it.  But they cannot be as afraid as a family of elephants running from a helicopter as the devils inside are riddling them with AK-47's or the entire family languishing on the ground after being poisoned.   

I AM ASKING FOR HELP FINDING AN IMAGE.  WILL YOU PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS. MY INITIAL ATTEMPT FAILED AT FINDING THE IMAGE.

Paul Fusco, you feel the same way I do about this.  I have thought about the following for quite some time:  

I PLEDGE THIS:  

If anyone here can find an image of a baby elephant leaning against, or standing next to its dead mother, CLEARLY SHOWING THE HORRIBLE WOUND FROM HER TUSKS HAVING BEEN HACKED OFF HER FACE......... I will find a way to get that image printed to a huge size and I will TRY MY BEST TO get the necessary permit and personally picket here in Portland, Maine with that image.  

The short caption that will appear below the HEART-WRENCHING image will be something like this:

FEMALE ELEPHANTS MURDERED FOR TUSKS EVERY DAY !

TUSKS BRING $1500 PER POUND - POACHING FUELS TERRORISM !

DEMAND COALITION MILITARY ACTION AGAINST POACHERS !

I need a little help !  Once I find the image I can get a local print shop to do the rest.  WHERE IS SUCH AN IMAGE?

Can anyone help with this image?  I need such an image.  Where is such an image ?  Just refer me to such an image.  I did not find one in my first google search.  I will do this if I can find the image and get permissions.  I will need permissions to use the image and the permitting to picket.  This is a morbid image but that is exactly the point.

If such an image can be found, many people can do the same thing in their home towns.....and then the public will be FORCING THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE ACTION.  THIS CAN BE DONE AROUND THE WORLD!

Robert King

You can reply here or through my email:  robertleeking@gmail.com

Thank you.
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:20 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Couldn't find one yet, but this may be of interest in the future:

http://jlsafaris.com/wp-content/uploads ... @large.jpg

http://jlsafaris.com/anti-poaching-init ... t-safaris/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:07 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
duplicate deleted

Last edited by Blck-shouldered Kite on Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:17 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Blck-shouldered Kite wrote:Thank you MUCH Joe.    Good job:)

That image is heart-wrenching.  It is the perfect theme because it illustrates the horror of these devils.  And all to fuel terrorism.  

With any luck at all.....IT WILL BE STOPPED .... We are going to force politicians to stop it !  They created a military coalition to invade countries.  Surely, they cannot find an excuse to NOT create such a coalition to use force against these devils.... if the people express their desire for it.  And I think they are increasingly becoming aware of this horror and will ultimately put their foot down.     

I may use this image Joe.    

Please, anyone, including those lurking (3rd, informal definition):  Can this image be blown up to say......4 feet by 6 feet?  Who knows this?  How can this be done ?  Please help.  I need this information.

But I really want the female African elephant one.   Maybe both.   Of course then space is a problem.  That's ok.  I think we can get around that. 

Please.....anyone..... do you know where there is an image of a female elephant with her baby in the same situation ?

Thank you.

Robert King

I have it in my head how I am going to do this.  Of course, having never done it, I just do not know if it will work.   I am sure it will work.  There is just one way to find out for certain.  I have in mind an ideal place to do this.  I'll shoot for March 21 but, with any luck, I suspect this will come together much sooner.  Businesses will help.  I know they will.  :)  

People, please help with what I need to do this.   I do not have knowledge of how to resize an image to say 6 feet by 6 feet.  People will be viewing this from less than 50 feet I think.  

Let's go !!
Topic Locked  

by Paul Fusco on Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 pm
Paul Fusco
Forum Contributor
Robert, have you tried sending your letter to the World Wildlife Fund, or other prominent conservation organization? They might have better connections with government officials, especially if trying to build an international coalition. And I firmly believe that the only way to make a difference is to go international. there has to be buy-in from multiple countries in the west as well as in Africa itself. The terrorism issue is a good one, although from what I think, that's mainly in northern/western Africa, including Chad. East and southern Africa are facing organized crime poaching, but not sure if terrorist groups are involved there. Keep in mind that some of these countries may have corrupt leaders, making the fight against poaching that much harder.
I believe that the threat to wildlife populations from poaching is at an all time high. The world need to recognize this because its happening so fast that if something isn't done soon, there will be little left. I don't want to sound alarmist, but these are the facts that need to be understood. Trying to get the US Congress involved would not be an task. You would have to educate them first. So, getting one congress person to take a supportive interest would be a step in the right direction, but I think it would take too long to get support from the general assembly. And, one party would likely be against you (any guesses as to which?).
We need an international wildlife crimes task force. Whether that could be INTERPOL, or another entity, I do not know. The impacts from poaching are numerous and include the highly lucrative ecotourism industry as well as trophy hunting industry. The side impact from money going to terrorists is another impact that should carry weight in any argument for the creation of a task force.
And I still have the question of: What are the major conservation organizations doing to really combat international wildlife crime, besides asking me for money????

FACTS:
African elephant population in 1979: 1.3 million.
African elephant population in 2015: Less than 400,000.

African lion population in 1975: over 200,000.
African lion population in 2016: 20,000

These numbers are estimates based on science. And the losses, especially for elephants are almost entirely due to poaching for ivory. Lions have more complex reasons.
I have been to East Africa, but not to poaching areas.

Paul
[b]Paul J. Fusco
NSN 0120[/b]

NSN Portfolio
http://www.naturescapes.net/portfolios/portfolio.php?cat=10317
Topic Locked  

by neverspook on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:02 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
A quick google image search of "baby elephant with poached mother" turned up this: http://actionforelephantsuk.org/informa ... h-orphans/
and this http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... spear.html
There is this horrifying shot of a calf aborted when a female was killed http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/20 ... ed-calves/

You could also search the various image banks like Getty, Corbis, Minden, Alamy etc etc etc.

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:21 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Thank you so much for trying.  But I have already accessed these images.  

The last few, starting with the aborted fetus are the only that might qualify.  I want an image of "undeniable graphics" ; i.e. it must show the face of the mother having been hacked off for the ivory ........  with her baby grieving next to her dead body.  I want to show the undeniable horror and selfishness of these devils.   Man cannot continue to tolerate this.    

My objective it to shock as many people as possible into taking action to force the beginnings of a military coalition.  

I am sick of politicians doing nothing about this.   I have yet to hear from the two remaining Maine Congresspeople and the White House.  The first two Maine delegates gave me a "canned" endangered species response, proving that they did not even read the letter I sent.  You see, that is the reason for the dropdown menus you see on Congressional webites; i.e. to give them a category from which to choose a canned response.  

Not sure if the stock house idea is good but yes,  I will try.  I am not paying them a bunch of money for this.....that on principle alone.  

Thanks again.
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:12 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I don't know if you've seen this one. It may not be exactly what you want, though:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... other.html

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:01 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Here's another Rhino image:

http://www.wildlifeextra.com/resources/ ... @large.JPG

Joe
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:08 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
And this elephant image:

http://www.bhubaneswarbuzz.com/wp-conte ... aching.jpg

Joe
Topic Locked  

10 posts |