« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:22 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
You knew neonicotinoids would be back in the news.  You knew the makers of neonics, Bayer corporation, was lying to us.  So what's new?  Well, now the federal government is complicit with all of this.  If you are not angry, you should be.  

http://www.panna.org/blog/usda-suppressing-bee-science

Excerpt:

.........."And Pettis and Lundgren aren’t alone. This spring, ten USDA scientists spoke up, calling on USDA to clean up its track record of ordering researchers to “retract studies, water down findings, remove their name from authorship and endure long indefinite delays in approving publication of papers that may be controversial.”

More corruption at the top of our federal agencies that are responsible for protecting nature.... our environment.

WHY?

Not sure, but apparently these people are politically connected with corporations.   I cannot recall ever hearing of such things in my life.  If true, this is unconscionable and the responsible managers must be fired.  Otherwise this dishonesty is going to continue.

We saw it just recently in the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.  

Corporations are going to do whatever it takes to see through what they want, regardless of any damage they may cause to nature.    And corporations now have "Personhood".  

Wake up America!   

Robert
Topic Locked  

by WDCarrier on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:52 am
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
This is nothing new...it's been going on for many years. In 1980 I was removed from a position for blowing the whistle on alteration of biological reports and subsequent illegal logging by the US Forest Service. I had several colleagues who suffered the same fate during that period. Neither professional societies or environmental groups would step up to my defense except for the perfunctory pat on the back and a quiet "atta boy!"
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:36 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
I am sorry to hear that. I am always one to thibnk
Topic Locked  

3 posts |