« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:43 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Sorry if this link has already been posted.  But this legislation is vital.  

There are no conditions at all that will ever warrant the weakening of the Endangered Species Act.  Yet, they will continue to increase their focus on dismantling this vital law.  Weakening the ESA would be the beginning of the end.  It would be impossible to reverse any weakening.  We have to remain firm on this.

Heck, we have not even begun to talk about controlling human pop growth.  Give me a break!   This is insanity.  Politicians want more people because that is how they get in office and stay in office; i.e.  through votes.    We are going to have to force politicians to begin talking about the world's "still unbridled human population growth". 

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ ... act-reform

Robert King
http://itsaboutnature.smugmug.com

“If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer; but if he spends his whole day as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is esteemed an industrious and enterprising citizen.” -  Henry David Thoreau
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:19 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
It is easy to limit population growth in the US...stop giving tax incentives for having large farm style families.
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:27 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
As I said, politicians want more people because people vote.   Do you EVER hear a politician mention the phrase "human population growth"?  Well, we are going to have to start hearing it because the Earth cannot possibly sustain even what it already has.  We talked about this before and it was not talked about again.  Do you see many people in this forum?  Nope!  In fact, a few of them laughed at me several months ago by asking "When is the world going to end"....or at least that was the gist of their remark.  Nobody seems to care.  

It is absolute insanity!  

So no, I would guess that it is not easy to stop them from giving tax incentives for having large farm style families.  But yes, thank you; i.e. for identifying a huge part of the problem.  

Until we get the people to focus on STOPPING human pop growth....not just limiting it, but STOPPING it, the Biosphere does not have a chance.

And humans are so arrogant that they do not consider themselves as part of the food web.  They are part of it alright.  They just give nothing back.  So, they have no predators and they take energy but give nothing back.  

Again, look at cities.  Cities are made from towns that continued to grow.  Is there any talk at all about limiting the size of cities?  No, there is not.

YET CITIES ARE 100% DEPENDENT UPON NATURAL SYSTEMS FOR THEIR FOOD AND CITIES GIVE NOTHING AT ALL BACK.  

Please have a look at the next post here.
Topic Locked  

3 posts |