All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 24 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:02 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
As an example

I must post a piece that exposes two facts MDIFW cleverly avoided during their campaign to thwart Maine's last bear referendum. One of these facts leads to an absolute desecration of wildlife and makes me wonder what on earth they could be discussing behind closed doors.

(MDIFW = Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife )
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:55 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
It does no good to post to us except for information...take your information to an organization or form one.  You don't like the deforestation going on in Maine, that is harmful to naturally spawning fish, go to Atlantic Salmon organizations or Trout Unlimited or Flyfishing Federation and start lighting a fire.  Get a spokesman (Ted Williams used to be great for that) and make life uncomfortable for the MDIFW.  Go to the Humane Society and other such groups to protest snaring (a barbaric practise from the Stone Age).
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:37 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Right again. Thanks.
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:16 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Stimulated by SantaFe Joe's post over on the "Window Dressing" thread, I changed my mind Mike.

So I excerpted a piece from the tiger link (about extinction driving prices up)  Joe posted in that thread.  It is about 2/3 of the way down the article.  

“More recently, they have moved from websites to social media,” Fei said, noting that ivory tusks, rhino horns, bear gall bladders, hornbill beaks, and other products now turn up for sale on art collection websites, online forums such as Baidu Tieba, the mobile phone app Wechat, and even Facebook."

Anyway….it exemplifies what I wanted to say about Maine's wildlife agency's (MDIFW) lack of mention of bear gall bladders during Maine's last bear referendum.  

Without getting into a lengthy tirade or defense about this, Maine allows the sale of its black bear's gall bladders…….without regard to the destination of those gall bladders.  

And regardless of how much you search, you will find little (if any at all) MDIFW-discussion regarding their stand on bear gall bladders….except that they allow the sale of t

Why did MDIFW not talk about bear gall bladders during the referendum?

MDIFW did not want it known that they were allowing the sale of our native black bear (Ursus americana).  After all, what good can become of the sale of out black bear's body parts…..NOTHING AT ALL!!!!

THIS IS A DESECRATION OF WILDLIFE.  Here is a link to it.  

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ade_2.html

I have a life-long friend who has shot several black bears through baiting.  Roger rents small acreages of forest land, assuring that he is the only bear hunter in that area.  He told me that he sold the gall bladder (in the woods) from one of his bears for $250.   These bladders have only one market.  And it is not in America.

Easterners believe that bear gall enhances male sexuality.  

Bottom line (ultimately):   Old Eastern men pay bucks for the gall bladders of our Maine black bears, so that they can have better sex.  Asia has severely depleted their bear populations, and what are left are horribly kept in tight steel cages and "milked" for their entire life for the bile.  They cannot move at all and live in one position for the sole purpose of providing a fluid that enhances Asian men's sexuality.

This is so disgusting to be despicable.  MDIFW does not want to talk about this.  I hate them.    
Topic Locked  

24 posts |