« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:46 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
American corporations are tightening the screws on their control of the Federal government and we are letting it happen.  We are becoming enslaved by Corporate America.

The FDA is fastracking its approval of salmon that are created in a laboratory......and what's worse, without GMA labeling, you will not know this salmon from a real one.

It's all a lie from your Food and Drug Administration and American Corporations.  

At Gettysburg, PA, President Lincoln's final line in his famous Address reads   "......that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."

American corporations have desecrated his words.  I have been screaming for years that America is becoming a country of the corporations, by the corporations and for the corporations.  They have succeeded and it is now up to us to find a way to reverse it.  Sadly, they even control the Supreme Court now.....with money! 

About the salmon:

http://oregonrighttoknow.org/facts/salmon/

About the control of Government by American Corporations

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=government+of+the+corporations+by+the+corporations+and+for+the+corporations

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatocracy

Robert King
www.itsaboutnature.net

Last edited by Blck-shouldered Kite on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic Locked  

by Steven Major on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:17 am
Steven Major
Forum Contributor
Thanks for posting and hopefully causing people to think. I share your concern and anger. Fascism (by definition when business controls government) is what has happened here. Some possible reasons:

Our election process requires each of our senators and congressman to acquire $ 20,000 every day they are in office to finance their next election. They have become beholden to the corporate world, the donators who can give the most. Democracy & integrity left the political fundraising room decades ago.

The pervasiveness of media, information overload, and the scary American diet (nutrition-less foods, toxic air and water, curious "medicines", etc.) has dumbed down (and decreased the longevity of) the average citizen. We have became more vulnerable targets of corporate greed(sheeple). I believe the Iraqi war was created by US corporations. Unthinkable if not for the fact that corporations run this country, and that greed is a tenet of capitalism.

The pace of change has increased rapidly, producing a time warp ignorance. When I discuss the loss of the environment (flora and fauna) with a 20 year old, they can't understand the change as I do because I have 3X the number of years of observation. They cannot care about the loss of something they have never seen. Each generation proceeds with a shallow understanding of history, and it is history that causes the present and dictates the future.
Topic Locked  

by Robert on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:49 am
Robert
Forum Contributor
I agree 100% with the OP on this topic. The FDA originally was an agency that did look after the public's best interest until the food and drug companies began putting financial pressure to bear on congress to allow them (food and drug companies) more say in the FDA decisions. Today the FDA is nothing more than the government voice of the food and drug companies. The list of hypocritical decisions by the FDA is almost unlimited, drugs that have 50+ side effects including possible death are approved by the FDA. While the nutritional and herbal therapeutic supplement industry has been under almost constant attack by the FDA despite having enormous research behind there use and with minimal side effects in a qualified practitioner's hands. The synthetic alteration of DNA for GMO food is a profoundly short sighted money motivated action that we will not know the majority of side effects or negative impacts until it is most assuredly too late.
The greedy corporations that do this and the congress that allows it are IMO criminals, no less than the industries that illegally dump in our waterways. Let's not forget that it was the FDA that went along with the use of synthetic hormones for women when even basic biochemistry knowledge would tell us they would (not might) cause cancer, and they did. Now fortunately, women have the option to use bio-identical hormones which do not cause cancer. The early negative impacts of GMO foods are just beginning to trickle in, but no doubt the food corporations will milk their new cash cow as long as they can - after all: It's about the money.
Topic Locked  

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:19 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
And here it is:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-approves-genet ... NlYwNzcg--

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

4 posts |