Robin after bath

Posted by jimhayes on Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
I was not really ready, but this young Robin had just finished a bath and hopped up on the growth on the fence. Nikon D100 lens 500mm at f5.6 Jim Hayes

Posted by:
jimhayes
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:17 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
This bird has seen some tough times. I do like the look he is giving you. I am not a fan of the solid white background and would suggest to expose the bird with flash while underexposing the background resulting in the sky being a gray color.

by matt kuchta on Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:23 pm
matt kuchta
Forum Contributor
I'm with EJ on the BG - it's a bit overpowering for the subject. Had you kept the feet, it might have a little more power against the BG, but sounds like this was a bit of a spur of the moment opportunity.

I really like the detail you captured in the face, and I think with a touch more USM you could make it pop out even more.

-matt
NSN 0017

by Juli Wilcox on Sun Aug 24, 2003 12:58 am
Juli Wilcox
Editor in Chief
Member #:00010
Welcome, Jim! This guy looks like I feel in the morning when I'm looking for my breakfast. Nice catch on the personality of the animal and the suggestions offered so far would be a good start. Robins are good subjects because if you are sane after trying to track one of them, it means you can try again tomorrow and will be better for the experience. :mrgreen:
[b]Juli Wilcox[/b]
[b]Former Editor in Chief, NSN[/b]

4 posts |