fbpixel

European Buzzard


Posted by Des on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Image
Taken over the weekend.

Z9, 300mm, f5.6, 1/1000th, ISO1250, full-frame.
Regards,

Des
_____________________________________________________________

captivatingnature.co.uk

User avatar
Posted by:
Des
Forum Contributor
Location: UK
Posts: 933
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Connect with me:

   

by Craig Lipski on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:52 am
User avatar
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Posts: 4623
Joined: 20 Aug 2003
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Awesome shot - light, subjects, action, perch, BG all great. Maybe a smidge tight & centered for my personal taste, but I’d be thrilled with this shot
Good light,
Craig
 

by Gene Gwin on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:56 am
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Posts: 5054
Joined: 26 Feb 2015
Member #:02042
Des, A captivating image. Like that the colors throughout the image are complementary, Could see a bit more breathing room?
 

by Des on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:08 am
User avatar
Des
Forum Contributor
Posts: 933
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Location: UK
Craig Lipski wrote:
Awesome shot - light, subjects, action, perch, BG all great. Maybe a smidge tight & centered for my personal taste, but I’d be thrilled with this shot

Gene Gwin wrote:
Des, A captivating image.  Like that the colors throughout the image are complementary,  Could see a bit more breathing room?


Thanks, guys. The hide/blind was designed for anyone with a relatively short lens to get a full-frame shot. When the buzzard is at rest, it's just right but when it spreads its wings, it can be a bit tight.
Regards,

Des
_____________________________________________________________

captivatingnature.co.uk
 

by Gene Gwin on Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:25 am
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Posts: 5054
Joined: 26 Feb 2015
Member #:02042
Des wrote:
Craig Lipski wrote:
Awesome shot - light, subjects, action, perch, BG all great. Maybe a smidge tight & centered for my personal taste, but I’d be thrilled with this shot

Gene Gwin wrote:
Des, A captivating image.  Like that the colors throughout the image are complementary,  Could see a bit more breathing room?


Thanks, guys. The hide/blind was designed for anyone with a relatively short lens to get a full-frame shot. When the buzzard is at rest, it's just right but when it spreads its wings, it can be a bit tight.


Des, Regardless, it's an outstanding image!
 

by david fletcher on Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:58 pm
User avatar
david fletcher
Moderator
Posts: 30442
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Excellent capture Des.  Agreeing about the room, but thrilling image by anyones measure.  Is that a Stock Dove as well?  (don't see many).
Make your life spectacular!
 

by Karl Egressy on Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:11 pm
User avatar
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Posts: 37672
Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Member #:00988
Excellent action shot.
 

by Carol Clarke on Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:23 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 69672
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Excellent graphic behaviour image, Des!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Des on Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:09 am
User avatar
Des
Forum Contributor
Posts: 933
Joined: 01 Jul 2010
Location: UK
david fletcher wrote:
Excellent capture Des.  Agreeing about the room, but thrilling image by anyones measure.  Is that a Stock Dove as well?  (don't see many).

It's just a common Wood Pigeon, David.
Regards,

Des
_____________________________________________________________

captivatingnature.co.uk
 

by Axel Hildebrandt on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:37 am
User avatar
Axel Hildebrandt
Forum Contributor
Posts: 18730
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Location: Coopersburg, PA
Great capture of this behavior, probably one of those moments that you wish for a zoom lens.
Axel Hildebrandt
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
10 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group