Mandarin duck drake

Posted by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:15 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
Came to know that this beautiful drake which is probably a pet was released into the waterways. Whereabouts needed a bit of undercover bird fact finding and i found the place. (No friends were contacted or locations dropped to others) Something so gorgeous and ranking as the MOST colorful duck could not be just ignored. Seeking advice from a professional photographer friend i went on to find and photograph this beauty. 

Reaching location the banks of the waterway were steep and needing some nimble knees. Second option lying down on the bank and get the best out of it. The sun was setting and the overhead blue skies were riddled with a few cotton candy puffs. I was happy getting those reflections which the eye level would have eluded me.

There was no baiting, calling, flushing or stressing the vagrant beauty.

D6, 600/4 wide open, CH, 9point AF, handheld
Hope you like it.

Posted by:
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109

by david fletcher on Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:13 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
It certainly is a beauty Ramesh and a tribute to your undercover work. Well done.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:53 am
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109
david fletcher wrote:It certainly is a beauty Ramesh and a tribute to your undercover work.  Well done.

David, Thank you for viewing, appreciating and kind words. Ramesh

by Mary Brun on Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:21 am
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
A very nice composition indeed, I love the colors of the subject, and the colors reflected on the water.
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

4 posts |