fbpixel

Black Oystercatcher & Two Eggs


Posted by RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto on Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Image
Canon R6 + Canon 500/4II +2x f/10 1/640 ISO 1600
http://www.gon2foto.net (current site)   
The grandeur of nature is God's glory.

User avatar
Posted by:
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto
Forum Contributor
Location: pasadena, ca.
Posts: 6436
Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Connect with me:
Flickr

   

by david fletcher on Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:52 am
User avatar
david fletcher
Moderator
Posts: 26268
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Brilliant over head view Richard. Well spotted.
Make your life spectacular!
 

by Karl Egressy on Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:15 am
User avatar
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Posts: 35723
Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Member #:00988
Nice shot showing the eggs, nest and Bird.
 

by Cindy Marple on Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:06 pm
User avatar
Cindy Marple
Moderator
Posts: 28618
Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Member #:00038
Oh my this is wonderful.
 

by Carol Clarke on Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:15 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 66059
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
They really do nest in some uncomfortable places, nicely spotted and taken, Richard.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto on Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:17 pm
User avatar
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto
Forum Contributor
Posts: 6436
Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Carol Clarke wrote:
They really do nest in some uncomfortable places, nicely spotted and taken, Richard.

Carol.

They have been nesting every year on top of this huge rock which is steep on the sides, but somewhat flattened on top. The rock is on a secluded small beach well back of the surf line
http://www.gon2foto.net (current site)   
The grandeur of nature is God's glory.
 

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:52 am
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 66059
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
They really do nest in some uncomfortable places, nicely spotted and taken, Richard.

Carol.

They have been nesting every year on top of this huge rock which is steep on the sides, but somewhat flattened on top. The rock is on a secluded small beach well back of the surf line



It obviously works for them then, Richard! Several times I have seen them nesting in the gravel of a central reservation of a busy multi lane motorway - which you would think was a recipe for disaster.  :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto on Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:42 am
User avatar
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto
Forum Contributor
Posts: 6436
Joined: 21 Aug 2003
Location: pasadena, ca.
Carol Clarke wrote:
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:
They really do nest in some uncomfortable places, nicely spotted and taken, Richard.

Carol.

They have been nesting every year on top of this huge rock which is steep on the sides, but somewhat flattened on top. The rock is on a secluded small beach well back of the surf line



It obviously works for them then, Richard! Several times I have seen them nesting in the gravel of a central reservation of a busy multi lane motorway - which you would think was a recipe for disaster.  :) 

Carol.

Yikes!
http://www.gon2foto.net (current site)   
The grandeur of nature is God's glory.
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
8 posts | 

cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group