1/750, F8, ISO 200
Auto WB, Spot Metering, Full manual

Posted by:
Krish Chandran
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:37 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Brilliant image Krish. Eye contact and look back pose is top notch. Nailed this.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:45 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Wonderful image of this beauty, Krish! Great pose, detail-love those eyes, and beautiful complementary colour palette.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by ADKShooter on Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:50 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
Terrific image of this short eared owl. The fact his "ear feathers" are up is a big plus insofar as an image of this species since most of the time their head appears round. Wonderful pose and side lighting in this image that enhances the detail. I'm interested to know about it's overall fairly dark plumage. Many years ago I had about a dozen in my sight at the same time and 3 of them also had this darker (very nice)plumage. Is there any correlation between sexes, or age that accounts for this darker plumage, or is it only a variation in color among some adults ?

by Krish Chandran on Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:49 pm
Krish Chandran
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:Brilliant image Krish.  Eye contact and look back pose is top notch. Nailed this.
Thank you so much !! Glad you like it.

by Krish Chandran on Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:50 pm
Krish Chandran
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Wonderful image of this beauty, Krish! Great pose, detail-love those eyes, and beautiful complementary colour palette.

Carol.
Thank you so much Carol!! The colour palette was just a happy coincidence  :D

by Krish Chandran on Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:00 pm
Krish Chandran
Forum Contributor
ADKShooter wrote:Terrific image of this short eared owl. The fact his "ear feathers" are up is a big plus insofar as an image of this species since most of the time their head appears round. Wonderful pose and side lighting in this image that enhances the detail. I'm interested to know about it's overall fairly dark plumage.  Many years ago I had about a dozen in my sight at the same time and 3 of them also had this darker (very nice)plumage. Is there any correlation between sexes, or age that accounts for this darker plumage, or is it only a variation in color among some adults ?
Thank you so much !! I have often wondered about this difference ! Here in Western India we only ever get to see the dark coloured ones. The ones I see in photographs from all over the world, particularly from North America, seem light coloured.  Could be a regional variation of sub-species', I'm guessing. Haven't been to able to find any articles commenting on it, either. I did however read somewhere that they move around widely within regions, as seasons change.

Having a dozen in sight - wow !! that must have been something !! 

by Gene Gwin on Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:36 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Krish, Nice image. Very well taken.

8 posts |