Turkey Vultures

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 12, 2021 10:58 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
A group of Turkey Vultures at Bosque in late evening. This is only the second time I have seen them in a group there.
Nikon D850, TC14E(420mm), f11@1/640 sec.
All C&C welcome. Please click on image for larger view. Thanks.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Gene Gwin on Wed May 12, 2021 11:22 am
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
S.F Joe, Nice collection of Vultures. The image may be a tad dark.

by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 12, 2021 12:02 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Gene Gwin wrote:S.F Joe, Nice collection of Vultures.  The image may be a tad dark.
Hey Gene.
I pulled the image and replaced it with a lighter version before any comments were made. I was wondering if you saw the originally posted version or this one. Does the current version still look dark to you? Thanks for your input.
Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Gene Gwin on Wed May 12, 2021 12:09 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:
Gene Gwin wrote:S.F Joe, Nice collection of Vultures.  The image may be a tad dark.
Hey Gene.
I pulled the image and replaced it with a lighter version before any comments were made. I was wondering if you saw the originally posted version or this one. Does the current version still look dark to you? Thanks for your input.
Joe
Joe, Editing is a personal taste and I don't think there's a definitive answer.  For me, the sky is not a natural color:  it's a darker blue than what I typically see in Texas.  Also, from photographing Vultures quite a bit, I've learned that it's almost impossible to get nice details in the Vulture's feathers unless the rest of the image is slightly overexposed.  Another also, if the histogram is not well to the right when photographing Vultures, it is something that cannot be fixed while processing because the detail will just not be there.  Good luck, Vultures are tough to photograph and process.

by david fletcher on Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Excellent group. Super details and love the line up Joe.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Wed May 12, 2021 4:28 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Joe, an excellent grouping of this trio of vultures. The sky is still a tad dark on my display.

6 posts |