White-winged Dove

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Tue May 11, 2021 9:34 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
A White-winged Dove at Bosque in the Arboretum.
Nikon D700, 300 f4 PF, TC14E(420mm), f5.6@1/3200 sec.
All C&C welcome. Please click on image for nicer view. Thanks.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Gene Gwin on Wed May 12, 2021 11:27 am
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
S.F. Joe, Nice details and processing on the bird and the rock adds interest. Curious if you ran it through Topaz? There seems to be some artifacts in the background, which I have seen on my images when using Topaz.

by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 12, 2021 11:58 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Gene Gwin wrote:S.F. Joe, Nice details and processing on the bird and the rock adds interest.  Curious if you ran it through Topaz?  There seems to be some artifacts in the background, which I have seen on my images when using Topaz.
I don’t have Topaz and just use LR! PP is not something I enjoy, so it is to my detriment to not be able to do the computer end of imaging like others here. Thanks for your input.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Gene Gwin on Wed May 12, 2021 12:12 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:
Gene Gwin wrote:S.F. Joe, Nice details and processing on the bird and the rock adds interest.  Curious if you ran it through Topaz?  There seems to be some artifacts in the background, which I have seen on my images when using Topaz.
I don’t have Topaz and just use LR! PP is not something I enjoy, so it is to my detriment to not be able to do the computer end of imaging like others here. Thanks for your input.

Joe
Joe, You might have misunderstood my question.  I was saying that I see artifacts very similar to your image when I use Topaz.  It seems to be a problem, at least as far as I can see, with Topaz.  Maybe the newest version will be better?

by david fletcher on Wed May 12, 2021 12:50 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Super shot Joe. Lovely harmonious colours.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by SantaFeJoe on Wed May 12, 2021 1:09 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Gene Gwin wrote:
SantaFeJoe wrote:

Joe
Joe, You might have misunderstood my question.  I was saying that I see artifacts very similar to your image when I use Topaz.  It seems to be a problem, at least as far as I can see, with Topaz.  Maybe the newest version will be better?
Hey Gene, here's the original NEF converted to JPEG in LR with no processing(out of Camera). Do you see those artifacts here? I really can't tell what you are referring to. Feel free to download the image and mark the areas. It would be helpful to me. Thanks.

Joe

by Ron Day on Wed May 12, 2021 4:09 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
A lovely pose in a nice setting, Joe. The color around the eye is magic.

by Carol Clarke on Wed May 12, 2021 4:31 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Nice one, Joe! Beautiful detail in the uncompressed view - even down to the lovely bright eye!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

8 posts |