Redhead drake

Posted by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:51 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
My first trip to a well known location for ducks - lots of them and at close quarters. After scouting the evening before i returned to the same site next morning, put on my waders and into the water i went in cautiously. My focus was the Redhead drake! And i saw him feeding amidst the barnacle laden rocky outcrops. The sun just came up and he was in perfect light and even better a nice head angle too! (Tips from duck photography Pro EJ). 
Nikon D850 600/4 on a RRS tripod with a B55 ballhead

Posted by:
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109

by Ron Day on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:01 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
The warm early morning light really makes the head of the duck glow — a great feature. Very interesting story behind the shot. Nicely done, Ramesh.

by Gary Gulash on Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:48 pm
Gary Gulash
Forum Contributor
Awesome lighting to show off that red head in particular. Sounds like a fantastic place to spend additional time to shoot ducks. Good on you to don the waders to get a low angle.

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:05 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I really like the soft, glowing environment and the colors resulting from the early morning light. This is an artistic photo with such a mood created-a refreshing change from the usual bird-on-a-branch (or in the water) type approach. Very pleasing to my eye.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by AForns on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:00 am
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
Love the duck and framing !!! Like seeing different and this is !! Excellent framing the eye being such a powerful part in the lower third intersecting line, if I could suggest anything would be a light more room on the bottom left for the rock Do love the image and a Big Congrats !!!
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

by david fletcher on Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
So, so much to enjoy with this. Many congratulations Ramesh
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:19 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Well done Ramesh! Good to see a different style of bird photography in this very striking image. I love your selective focus, the rich colours and sweet light.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ramesh Kodavatiganti on Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:34 pm
Ramesh Kodavatiganti
Forum Contributor
Member #:2109
AForns wrote:Love the duck and framing !!!  Like seeing different and this is !!  Excellent framing the eye being such a powerful part in the lower third intersecting line, if I could suggest anything would be a light more room on the bottom left for the rock   Do love the image and a Big Congrats !!!

Al, many thanks for your appreciation and suggestions. will apply on another copy. once again many thanks for viewing and appreciating.

Ramesh

8 posts |