Juvenile Asian Paradise Flycatcher Male

Posted by sraja on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
I was real lucky to capture this Juvenile Male Flycatcher. The Dominant males are white ( like the one previously posted )  but the Juveniles and females are Rufous.. I am always fascinated by the tail of these birds.   

Nikon D850 with 300 F4 PF, ISO 800, 1/2500, f4.5 

Click Here to view the High res image

Posted by:
sraja
Forum Contributor

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:32 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
This is so cooool!!! Just to capture the moment and keep it in frame and focused is a great accomplishment!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Ron Day on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:06 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
The long tail is beautiful and fascinating. And I love the rufous color. Maybe just a little more room for the bird at the top if you have it. :)

by clement on Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:47 am
clement
Forum Contributor
How awesomely you have fitted this large tailed species in the frame.. Super duper shot this 

by sraja on Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:14 pm
sraja
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:The long tail is beautiful and fascinating. And I love the rufous color. Maybe just a little more room for the bird at the top if you have it.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I didn't have more room on the top. This was the last frame in the sequence that was in focus. 
These birds are fast and predicting their move/which direction is difficult... Next time..

5 posts |