fbpixel

Osprey.


Posted by Karl Egressy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Image
Dinner delivered by the male.
The male does the fishing, the female does the babysitting and feeding.
He was rewarded by an opportunity of mating. (Might post it later)
Thanks for looking.

Nikon D500
Nikon 300 mm f 4.0 VR +1.4x III.
ISO 640
f 6.3
1/2500 s

User avatar
Posted by:
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Member #:00988
Posts: 30498
Joined: 11 Dec 2004

   

by peter makuch on Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:30 am
peter makuch
Forum Contributor
Posts: 912
Joined: 13 Jun 2014
the natural setting is the best and with an eye contact adds a plus to this image, good stuff KARL.
 

by Robert on Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:47 am
User avatar
Robert
Forum Contributor
Posts: 717
Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Good story telling image. I like that you got separation between the male and female. I know you've had issues with AF calibration with this setup, but this image looks pretty sharp (although I know, it's just a jpeg). 
 

by Ron Day on Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:18 am
User avatar
Ron Day
Moderator
Posts: 7964
Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Member #:00819
Well done, Karl. Great behavioral image, and the trout is the perfect finishing touch.
 

by Karl Egressy on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:49 pm
User avatar
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Posts: 30498
Joined: 11 Dec 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Member #:00988
Robert wrote:
Good story telling image. I like that you got separation between the male and female. I know you've had issues with AF calibration with this setup, but this image looks pretty sharp (although I know, it's just a jpeg). 


Thanks Robert.
I no longer have issues with the focus accuracy.
It is set to +5 with the extender on and I'm getting pretty sharp images.
Originally it was way out, set by someone else. (-1)
 

by Robert on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:02 pm
User avatar
Robert
Forum Contributor
Posts: 717
Joined: 02 Jan 2004
Location: Spring Lake, MI
Karl Egressy wrote:
Robert wrote:
Good story telling image. I like that you got separation between the male and female. I know you've had issues with AF calibration with this setup, but this image looks pretty sharp (although I know, it's just a jpeg). 


Thanks Robert.
I no longer have issues with the focus accuracy.
It is set to +5 with the extender on and I'm getting pretty sharp images.
Originally it was way out, set by someone else. (-1)

Glad to hear it Karl. Your previous posts looked real sharp too (of course they were the good ones :) ).I always used the LensAlign with Nikon equipment and would do about 10-15 sample shots and adjustments until the results were consistently on, shot to shot. I believe EJ wrote a lengthy comment in a discussion awhile back on how he recommends doing it. At any rate, this equipment combo does look like it's working very well now for you.
 

by david fletcher on Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm
User avatar
david fletcher
Lifetime Member
Posts: 16705
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Robert wrote:
Karl Egressy wrote:
Robert wrote:
Good story telling image. I like that you got separation between the male and female. I know you've had issues with AF calibration with this setup, but this image looks pretty sharp (although I know, it's just a jpeg). 


Thanks Robert.
I no longer have issues with the focus accuracy.
It is set to +5 with the extender on and I'm getting pretty sharp images.
Originally it was way out, set by someone else. (-1)

Glad to hear it Karl. Your previous posts looked real sharp too (of course they were the good ones :) ).I always used the LensAlign with Nikon equipment and would do about 10-15 sample shots and adjustments until the results were consistently on, shot to shot. I believe EJ wrote a lengthy comment in a discussion awhile back on how he recommends doing it. At any rate, this equipment combo does look like it's working very well now for you.



Pleased also to hear everything more or less resolved now.. (excusing the pun).  
Make your life spectacular!
 

by Carol Clarke on Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:07 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 55227
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Bucks, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
Perfect angle and superb detail throughout. Excellent shot Karl!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Mako_Elite on Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:02 pm
User avatar
Mako_Elite
Forum Contributor
Posts: 1615
Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Location: Washington State
Member #:02099
Nice size trout he got. These Ospreys are eating first class :-). Nice shot Karl!

Ludo
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 am
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 10103
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
Love that everything is so clear-even the fish! Super shot!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
10 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group