Painted Bunting

Posted by Gene Gwin on Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:50 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Photo taken at Laguna Seca Ranch in South Texas May 21, 2018.

Nikon D850, 300mm lens, 1.4 TC, 1/1000 sec at f/6.3, ISO 125.

Posted by:
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:30 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Not the easiest lighting and you pulled off a beautiful image, Gene. A terrific pose and lovely background. If I recall correctly, you get that gorgeous background when the grasses die off during warmer months. Just beautiful.

by david fletcher on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:49 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Ron Day wrote:Not the easiest lighting and you pulled off a beautiful image, Gene. A terrific pose and lovely background. If I recall correctly, you get that gorgeous background when the grasses die off during warmer months. Just beautiful.

Plus one, although I must confess to not knowing zip about those grasses...  :) .  Beautiful
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Debapratim Saha on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:01 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Like the way the perch and pose complementing each other, a beautiful portrait Gene.
Photography is the only solace in life

by Gene Gwin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:54 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:
Ron Day wrote:Not the easiest lighting and you pulled off a beautiful image, Gene. A terrific pose and lovely background. If I recall correctly, you get that gorgeous background when the grasses die off during warmer months. Just beautiful.

Plus one, although I must confess to not knowing zip about those grasses...  :) .  Beautiful
David, Ron has a good memory.  In South Texas the heat really begins, depending on the year, about May and continues until about September.  During that time, there is very little rain.  As the heat increases, the grass will turn to almost a golden color.  It will appear like it is dead, but comes back to a nice green when it receives sufficient rain.  The golden grass makes an absolutely beautiful background.  The problem is that during that time, the birds begin to also fall victim to the heat and they do not look as good as they did during Spring. 

5 posts |