Posted by:
bruco63
Forum Contributor
Member #:01808

by Ron Day on Sun May 20, 2018 1:25 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Great behavior capture, but I wish I could see more of the eyes.

by Mike Danzenbaker on Sun May 20, 2018 7:31 pm
Mike Danzenbaker
Lifetime Member
Member #:00559
Bruno, could you tell us what's going on in this photo? Your title implies that one bird has just killed the other, which looks as though it could be. If so, this is surely extremely rare behavior.

I'm not bothered by the lack of visible eyes or "eye contact". This is a fine example of birds doing what they're doing naturally, without being distracted by the photographer. I'd like to see more images like this posted.
"Animal instinct is more amazing than human ingenuity."

Mike
http://www.avesphoto.com

by david fletcher on Mon May 21, 2018 1:52 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Mike Danzenbaker wrote:Bruno, could you tell us what's going on in this photo?  Your title implies that one bird has just killed the other, which looks as though it could be.  If so, this is surely extremely rare behavior.  

I'm not bothered by the lack of visible eyes or "eye contact".  This is a fine example of birds doing what they're doing naturally, without being distracted by the photographer.  I'd like to see more images like this posted.

Plus one more to that Bruno
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by bruco63 on Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 am
bruco63
Forum Contributor
Member #:01808
Mike Danzenbaker wrote:Bruno, could you tell us what's going on in this photo?  Your title implies that one bird has just killed the other, which looks as though it could be.  If so, this is surely extremely rare behavior.  

I'm not bothered by the lack of visible eyes or "eye contact".  This is a fine example of birds doing what they're doing naturally, without being distracted by the photographer.  I'd like to see more images like this posted.

Hello Mike, I hope to explain with my bad english :( the situation I shooted.
Before to start coupling and dig their nest, for about a week, bee-eaters fight for their future partner.
Usually the fight isn't mortal. But the bill, like a sting, can be a letal weapon. In this case the uper bee-eater put the bill near the eye of the lower bird. just after 3/4 second this bee-eater fell down in the river. But from my position was impossible to see if he was dead or not...
Thank so much
Bruno

5 posts |