Beautiful Bufflehead

Posted by jerryaustin on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:46 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
[font=arial]My favorite waterfowl subject, the Bufflehead. As most of you know, the Bufflehead is a very wary species. I try continuously to get close to these guys. Usually, I am not very successful. Today, I put up some camo fabric around me and some nearby bushes on the edge of the lake. At first, there were no ducks close by. I sat and waited close to two hours as the Buffleheads slowly moved toward my position. I was rewarded with some relatively close captures of these guys swimming and diving in the late afternoon light. Processed with Lightroom, Photoshop and Lightzone. Comments and critiques welcome.[/font]
[justify][font=arial]Canon 7D Mark II
Canon 200-400 f4 L IS
f5.6
1/1000s
Focal Length 560mm (Teleconverter Engaged)
ISO 160[/font]
[/justify]

Posted by:
jerryaustin
Forum Contributor

by Karl Egressy on Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:12 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Beautiful colors captured.

by Square Man1 on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:08 am
Square Man1
Forum Contributor
It was well worth taking the time to sett up to capture the timid duck, not the easiest bird to photograph as you stated.

Rob

by Gene Gwin on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:24 am
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Jerry, Really like the colors, the good job processing the whites, and the complimentary background. Don't know anything about Bufleheads, but could you have put out some type of food that they like in the area you were photographing to draw them closer and keep them in that area?

by Ron Day on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:33 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Beautiful shot, Jerry! You earned this one! The colors, light, and water are excellent. Very nice work!

5 posts |