Harris's Sparrow

Posted by Mike Umscheid on Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
While out trying to find some rarities in western Kansas last month, this Harris's Sparrow decided to forage right in front of me about 10 feet away. I was a little bummed he decided to remain in the shadow, but nevertheless I enjoyed his foraging acrobatics. Thanks for looking, and please left-click for better resolution.

Nikon D500 • Nikon 200-500mm f/5.6 @ 500mm • 1/500s • f/5.6 • ISO 800 • Handheld
Mike Umscheid  •  Birds & Storms  •  Southwest Kansas
Gallery & Photoblog: www.mikeumscheidphotography.com

Posted by:
Mike Umscheid
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:55 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
The split legged pose and detail in the plumage are excellent, Mike. Considering that the bird is in shadow, I might be tempted to darken the white diagonal streak across the back of the frame. A very nice shot of this species, however.  I visited your website, and I was really impressed with your work. First-class all the way.  :)

by Mike Umscheid on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:47 pm
Mike Umscheid
Forum Contributor
Ron Day wrote:The split legged pose and detail in the plumage are excellent, Mike. Considering that the bird is in shadow, I might be tempted to darken the white diagonal streak across the back of the frame. A very nice shot of this species, however.  I visited your website, and I was really impressed with your work. First-class all the way.  :)
I like that suggestion, Ron!  Thanks for pointing that out regarding the background distraction. I appreciate your kind words about my work!  -Mike
Mike Umscheid  •  Birds & Storms  •  Southwest Kansas
Gallery & Photoblog: www.mikeumscheidphotography.com

by Karl Egressy on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:16 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
The pose you captured is outstanding, Mike.

4 posts |