400mm f8  1/2000

Posted by:
stevenmajor
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:20 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Very good image of this Northern Cardinal male, Steven. I like the pose with head turn so the bird is peering across the frame. Perhaps using the Shadow & Highlights adjustment in PS would allow you to brighten the parts of the bird that are in shadow. Thereafter, if necessary, I would work on increasing the contrast a little. I think it would darken the birds head and the greens in the background. A very nice job of isolating your subject in this image!  :)

by Karl Egressy on Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:24 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Nice and I would say uncommon pose. Well seen and captured.

by Dorian Anderson on Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm
Dorian Anderson
Forum Contributor
I agree with Ron. You can make this shot pop with a bit more work in post, but the
starting point is there!

by stevenmajor on Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:48 am
stevenmajor
Forum Contributor
Thanks for the comments...
In PS Elements the image looks as I wish with more contrast and pop, when I post it in NSN, it looks flat, when I look at it on my Ipad at NSN, it looks washed out. Dorian...I see no detail in most of the whites of your Bufflehead or in the blacks of the Surf Scoter, and am certain that's not what you posted. We seem to have no way of knowing what our images look like after posting. What's up with that?
In the past, I have suggested that NSN produce a downloadable reference (standard) to use when preparing images to post on NSN. A image of a "NSN tuned" color chart and gray scale could maybe go a long way getting posters and lookers on the same color / contrast / density page.
Nothing about this in Posting Guidelines. These images deserve more respect...what am I missing?

5 posts |