(2) Egret in Salt Cedar

Posted by Eia on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Another environmental shot of Egret in Salt Cedar.
Taken @ Lk Pleasant, AZ

Better

uncropped

1/400 sec @ f/5.6
iso 100
300 mm
handheld/boat
~AnnaMaria~

Posted by:
Eia
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:31 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Nice work from the boat, AnnaMarie. I like the habitat, and I note that you included the feet on this egret - great improvement.   :D

by Gene Gwin on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:20 pm
Gene Gwin
Forum Contributor
Anna Maria, I like the image with the natural habitat included. I'm curious what others may think about shutter speeds when hand holding. Personally, I always try for a shutter speed of 1000 or higher. My experience is that even though the bird is in focus at slow shutter speeds, most of the time it doesn't appear as sharp as when a faster shutter speed is used. Also, a topnotch professional photographer once told me that there is essentially no image quality difference when photographing below 400 iso. Not sure if that is true, but looking at images it appears correct.

by mikullashbee on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:16 pm
mikullashbee
Forum Contributor
Hi AnnaMaria i like the inclusion of the birds feet in this shot and the out of focus foreground branches give an artistic feel to this one. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for looking,
Michael Ashbee
mikeashbeephotography.com

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:20 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
A pretty setting for this graceful Egret. This really says "spring". I like the hint of a river there too.
If you have de-fringing software, you might want to use it to get rid of the greenish glow around the Egret.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

5 posts |