Pale Headed Woodpecker

Posted by ANIT MITRA on Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:35 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
The Pale Headed Woodpecker is a rarely seen bird. Its hiding most of the time.
Exif: Nikon D7000+420 mm, f/7.1,iso 800, s.s. 1/200s, at outskirt of Mahananda Wild Life Sanctuary, Darjeeling.
Let live properly and let them live properly...

Posted by:
ANIT MITRA
Forum Contributor

by mikullashbee on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:49 pm
mikullashbee
Forum Contributor
Congrats on seeing this reclusive bird and managing this shot in what appears to be difficult shooting conditions. Were you using a tripod for this image? I ask that question because it doesn't appear as sharp as it could be. I have just started to tackle some of the 'bush' birds in New Zealand and the shooting conditions are very dark. The use of a tripod is imperative and i am also finding flash necessary as well. Flash may have helped to brighten this image up a little.
Thanks for looking,
Michael Ashbee
mikeashbeephotography.com

by Square Man1 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:44 am
Square Man1
Forum Contributor
Congrats on your find Anit.

Rob

by Gaurav Mittal on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:12 am
Gaurav Mittal
Forum Contributor
Member #:01793
Not an easy bird to get, good effort. For these kind of shots, being on a tripod is a must.
http://www.gauravmittal.com

"The continued existence of wildlife and wilderness is important to the quality of life of humans." - Jim Fowler

by ANIT MITRA on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:21 pm
ANIT MITRA
Forum Contributor
mikullashbee wrote:Congrats on seeing this reclusive bird and managing this shot in what appears to be difficult shooting conditions. Were you using a tripod for this image? I ask that question because it doesn't appear as sharp as it could be. I have just started to tackle some of the 'bush' birds in New Zealand and the shooting conditions are very dark. The use of a tripod is imperative and i am also finding flash necessary as well. Flash may have helped to brighten this image up a little.
Thanks for your valuable input. First I carry tripod but in this case I was riding my bike and when suddenly It came out from the bamboo plants to a open area then I have no time for using tripod and shoot from the bike. This species have very very few open shots(or to be very frank I search in the internet but I find One shot.) I decide first to take a good record open shot and if It stayed few more time then I can use tripod. But It known for quick hiding so my 2nd and main wish not fulfill. But I am happy what I was getting there. And I do not use flash.

by ANIT MITRA on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 pm
ANIT MITRA
Forum Contributor
Square Man1 wrote:Congrats on your find Anit.

Rob
Thanks a lot Robert.

by ANIT MITRA on Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:24 pm
ANIT MITRA
Forum Contributor
Gaurav Mittal wrote:Not an easy bird to get, good effort. For these kind of shots, being on a tripod is a must.
Thanks a lot and Its occurred in too much hurry and I was riding my bike. Though I was carrying tripod but no time to set with the gear. 

by mikullashbee on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:16 pm
mikullashbee
Forum Contributor
ANIT MITRA wrote:
mikullashbee wrote:Congrats on seeing this reclusive bird and managing this shot in what appears to be difficult shooting conditions. Were you using a tripod for this image? I ask that question because it doesn't appear as sharp as it could be. I have just started to tackle some of the 'bush' birds in New Zealand and the shooting conditions are very dark. The use of a tripod is imperative and i am also finding flash necessary as well. Flash may have helped to brighten this image up a little.
Thanks for your valuable input. First I carry tripod but in this case I was riding my bike and when suddenly It came out from the bamboo plants to a open area then I have no time for using tripod and shoot from the bike. This species have very very few open shots(or to be very frank I search in the internet but I find One shot.) I decide first to take a good record open shot and if It stayed few more time then I can use tripod. But It known for quick hiding so my 2nd and main wish not fulfill. But I am happy what I was getting there. And I do not use flash.
Thank you Anit for recollecting the experience. Sounds very exciting and congrats for being able to do your photography from a bike. I had a quick look and as you mention this bird is rarely photographed in such a clearing so good for you. Cheers
Thanks for looking,
Michael Ashbee
mikeashbeephotography.com

by Carol Clarke on Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:36 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Well done to see one and get a shot Anit!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by ANIT MITRA on Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:04 pm
ANIT MITRA
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Well done to see one and get a shot Anit!
Thanks Madam..

10 posts |