Corn Bunting

Posted by jibe on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:57 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Bruant proyer - Grauammer - Miliaria calandra. Switzerland
Canon EOS 20D 100x400 1/800s F10 ISO400

French to English from google:
Unlike mammals, birds did only one side at a time (lateral stretching).
One side of the body remains at rest while the other side, the wing is unfolded simultaneously and leg extended backward.
Petzold (1964) considers the behavior of Swans as a gesture of comfort,
but as described Heinroth (1930), it would fit better in the context of the stretching syndrome.
[url]http://www.eyesonsky.com/galerie-oiseaux-birds[/url]

Posted by:
jibe
Forum Contributor

by Cooney on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:44 pm
Cooney
Forum Contributor
Very nice wing detail, I like that! I do see a dust spot above the tail and I think the back ground could use a little noise reduction. Besides that, this is a very nice shot!
Tim
[url=http://www.cooneysphotos.com]Cooney's Photos (website)[/url]
Caution with my website...Amateur Photographer at work!

by milosphotos on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 pm
milosphotos
Forum Contributor
The clutteres background is unfortunate for a wildife image but the light and birds pose look great. ... those darn dust spots
Milo Burcham
Cordova, Alaska
http://www.milosphotos.com

by Cooney on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:09 am
Cooney
Forum Contributor
Jibe PM'ed me with how to do the noise reduction, thought I would put my reply here...

[/quote]
I agree with you.
I dont know how to (with photoshop) make a selection of only the background.
Have you a good practice?[/quote]

Hi Jibe!!

This is very easy to do and you do not have to do layers. This is what I do.

Edit your photo just like you would always do, withOUT any noise reduction and save the file. Close the file then open it back up and do smart noise in Photoshop, just enough to make the BG smooth. Do not be affraid to do it twice but make sure the BG looks natural. After you are done, use the history brush on the bird or any part of the photo that you want the detail to look nice. Make sure you do not go to far out of the areas you are using the history brush on. You can also look into buying a plug-in software like Noise Nija. That is what I use and you can use the history brush the same way.

I hope this helps!

Tim
Tim
[url=http://www.cooneysphotos.com]Cooney's Photos (website)[/url]
Caution with my website...Amateur Photographer at work!

by Colin Inman on Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:59 pm
Colin Inman
Regional Moderator
Member #:00333
Lovely catch of the wing stretch and I rather like the lichen covered post.

Rather than using the history brush to remove the noise reduction from the subject a better method would be to use layers as follows :
1) create a duplicate of the background layer
2) apply the noise reduction to the duplicate layer until the background looks smooth
3) create a layer mask on the duplicate layer - to do this ensure the duplicate layer is selected and then hit the square icon with a circle inside it.
4) using a soft edged brush paint black over the subject on the layer mask. You should see the image returning to normal (without the noise reduction) where you painted black. If you paint black over the background by mistake, revealing noise you wanted to remove, then simply paint white onto the layer mask and the noise will be removed.
Colin

by Neilef28 on Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm
Neilef28
Forum Contributor
Both means described above work well. There's more than one way to skin a cat, and in the case of PS, there's usually five or six. I'm used to using layer masks for numerous functions so that's probably the avenue I would take. Take the time to practice these tasks (and other common ones) on PS, as it can pay bid dividends in smoothing out rough edges in what you capture.

6 posts |