Look'ng towards the new season....

Posted by DMcLarty on Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:06 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Well the long, cold days and nights of winter have passed by us once again. :D (We have kept busy with our sports coaching and events over the dark days.)

Although still some time before we see the snow melting and hear the sounds of the geese, ducks, swans and cranes we are looking forward to the spring and getting out with the equipment for those early mornings and long days.

In preparation we have been reviewing some of last year images and looking over the EXIF information from the camera's. What a great way to see what was done and make mental notes on things that might be changed.

Of course in this we also found many images that we had not really worked over. Here we present one of the lost ones....
Comments welcome. Would also like to know about over all presentation too dark too light as I have been readjusting our monitors and the new laptop. :roll: What looks good to me may well be way off. :?
The McLarty's :)
Lethbridge Alberta    
Rankin Inlet Nunavut Canada
In the Heart of the Canadian Arctic
Twitter @DadRankin

Posted by:
DMcLarty
Lifetime Member
Member #:00155

by Alan Murphy on Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:36 pm
Alan Murphy
Lifetime Member
Member #:00014
Doug, It looks like it could use a little tweek in curves. I wish the tail was not clipped. Love the flowers. Great shot.
Alan Murphy
NSN 0014
www.alanmurphyphotography.com

by Noel on Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:22 pm
Noel
Forum Contributor
This is a very uplifting and positive image! What a cute little bird in pretty surroundings. Thanks for brightening my day with it!

-Noel
[size=75][i]Edits, reposts, and constructive criticism of my work always welcome![/i][/size]

by Bill Whala on Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:55 pm
Bill Whala
Forum Contributor
This is an excellent image. I love the purple flowers. A slight crop off the top for web presentation but leave as is for a magazine cover. :D
Bill Whala

"Aves of similar plumage tend to converge with one another"

by fredcor on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:47 pm
fredcor
Lifetime Member
Member #:00186
I love the image, the flowers are wonderful. What is the bird?
Frederick Lat Correa

by Jim Urbach on Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:48 pm
Jim Urbach
Lifetime Member
Member #:00049
Doug,

Lovely Lapland Longspur I believe. The FG flowers are neat but the OOF grasses are distracting. I envy your ability to live among the breeding grounds of so many birds during their upcoming migration.

Jim
Enjoy viewing

Jim Urbach

http://www.jimurbach.smugmug.com

http://jimurbach.smugmug.com

6 posts |