Fox Kit hide-n-seek

Posted by Brett B. on Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:33 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Yesterday's fox image seemed to post a little soft and de-saturated, so I'm trying another with a few adjustments. Hopefully I'm zeroing on the correct settings for posting my images.

This is a sibling to the kit in the other image taken a short while before that one. There were several entrances to their den on the hill just below me where they kept popping out of one hole and entering back in through another, along the way stopping to check me out through the underbrush. It was quite a lot of fun.

Nikon D100, Nikon 300 F2.8 @ f5.0. 1/500 sec., matrix metering.
Brett Breeding
Digital Rainbow Images
http://brettbreeding.com/photos/montages.html
NSN 0081

Posted by:
Brett B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:00081

by Bob Ettinger on Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:06 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00148
Brett,

Well done and the stare really makes it special.
Bob Ettinger

by Mary Dennis on Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:09 pm
Mary Dennis
Forum Contributor
Nice intensity in those eyes! Ideally it would be nice not to have so many leaves and branches obscuring the view but that's the outdoors for ya! :) It must have been amazing to watch this activity.
Mary
NSN 0123

by chris earle on Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:42 pm
chris earle
Forum Contributor
I prefer this image to the first you shared. This feels more "wild" with that intense stare and being partially hidden in the brush. The first image felt like more of a portrait shot. Thanks for sharing both perspectives.
Chris Earle
[url=http://www.naturescapes.net/membership.htm]NSN 0045[/url]

by Rich S on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:27 am
Rich S
Lifetime Member
Member #:00019
Much better sharpness where it counts! Also, a look with a very different "attitude" than the prior. Nice to catch some good light spotlighting the kit. Branches are still a pain but not much you can do about that.

Rich

by Karen S on Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:23 pm
Karen S
Lifetime Member
Member #:00021
Awesome Brett. I love the FG and that you got both eyes inbetween leaves. This is very cool. :D
[b]Karen B. Schindeldecker[/b]
[b]NSN 0021 [/b]
[url=http://www.natureswildlight.com][b]Nature's Wild Light [/b][/url]
[b]Minnesota, USA[/b]

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:08 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Fantastic animal. My personal preferance would be to not have the elements in front of the Fox.

by Juli Wilcox on Sat Aug 30, 2003 4:49 pm
Juli Wilcox
Editor in Chief
Member #:00010
I have yet to see the other one, but the eyes peeking out give this a mysterious appearance. I think it would be good as a choice in a series if I were submitting that for some proposal.
[b]Juli Wilcox[/b]
[b]Former Editor in Chief, NSN[/b]

by Lillian Roberts on Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:14 pm
Lillian Roberts
Forum Contributor
I like this a lot! IMHO the brush in front of it makes it really stand out -- something that rarely works but in this case it definitely enhances rather than detracts (again, IMHO). I can see this on a calendar.

Lillian

by Chris Fagyal on Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:20 pm
Chris Fagyal
Forum Contributor
Wow what eyes. I love the amber color and the deep stare. The foliage in front of the fox is somewhat distracting, but I think it also adds some to the effect of the foxes eyes, and makes the scene look natural as well. Too often I feel we all want the perfect background, which, if you think about it, doesn't truly portray nature, as you don't always have mammals/birds/whatever sitting on a twig with a leaf saying "photograph me!". Really well done.
Chris Fagyal
[b]NSN0066[/b]
[url=http://chrisfagyal.naturescapes.net/portfolios/portfolio.php?cat=10049]Naturescapes Portfolio[/url]

by Cindy Marple on Sun Aug 31, 2003 3:25 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
I like this one better than the first you posted, the color and sharpness and the expression on the fox are better. I've gone back and forth as to whether I like all the branches in front of it. I do like the peek-a-boo aspect, the wild-ness. I think I'd prefer just a bit less of the "mess" though. Anyway it sounds like a very fun outing and it is a nice, different, image.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by NDCheryl on Sun Aug 31, 2003 7:29 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Great eyes. I like this one better than the first and while I like the peek-a-boo aspect, a little less foliage would have been nice but I think its a really neat shot as is and would love to have it in my files.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

12 posts |