Wildlife or Landscape?

Posted by Dan Barthel on Sat Nov 29, 2003 11:23 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
Not sure where this goes. I kind of think Landscape with the occasional Bison. I think the steam makes the picture a landscape. Yellowstone in September 10D, 100-400@400 f6.7 1/750. I think the steam makes the picture a landscape.
NSN 061
Dan

Posted by:
Dan Barthel
Forum Contributor

by NDCheryl on Sat Nov 29, 2003 12:45 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Dan,

I would consider this an 'animalscape' or animal in its environment and not a landscape photo and will leave it in this forum where I think it belongs. I really like the steam and the picture seems to say "Yellowstone'. I like the variety of colors in the image as well. A few things to make the image stronger IMHO would be to crop some of the tree brances from the right and some grass from the bottom so the bison is not dead center. Also, there does not appear to be any part of the image in really sharp focus as there should be from that distance with f/6.7 so I would expect it would benefit from some USM.

Thanks for posting in Wildlife.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

by Dennis Olivero on Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:06 am
Dennis Olivero
Lifetime Member
Member #:00020
Dan
Thanks for posting in Wildlife. I agree about leaving the photo here. If it has animals in it we are keeping it :D .. I think Cheryl's suggestion about a different crop is a good one. Consider cropping the right side of the frame just to the right of the main branches of the tree using the
branches to frame the right side. Crop off the bottom to maintain proportions and to eliminate grass almost to the water, that will put the bison in a power point lower right and I think add strength to the photo. Thanks again for posting..
[b]Dennis Olivero[/b]
[url=http://www.northernlightnaturephotography.com][b]Northern Light Nature Photography[/b][/url]
NSN 20

3 posts |