Litoria raniformis - Green and Gold Frog

Posted by Philip Taylor on Mon Nov 10, 2003 12:47 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Litoria raniformis
Green & Gold Frog

Found this in a creek on my friends property. It is on the Australian Endangered Species List.

*istD, PKFA 3.5-5.6, 28-80 (@80 equiv), camera flash 1/90sec, F5.6, 400ISO, WB-flash, spot metered.

[/i]
Feel free to critique my work harshly! It's the only way I'll learn!

Posted by:
Philip Taylor
Forum Contributor

by Bill Keown on Mon Nov 10, 2003 5:39 pm
Bill Keown
Lifetime Member
Member #:00140
Looks like a frog in someones salad :lol: . Focus is appropriately on the head wiith the eyes sharp. The frog is where you found him so not much to be done about the clutter. A bit of difusing on the flash would have helped keep the highlights in check on the leg and nose. Although you were using an in camera flash a bit of white cloth over it would suffice for a makeshift diffuser (I use my hankey).

Bill Keown

by Dennis Olivero on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:36 pm
Dennis Olivero
Lifetime Member
Member #:00020
Philip
Thanks for posting here..
I think it is a super subject. I really like amphibians and the like. And although the background has some a lot of detail that can be distracting but at the same time it makes for an interesting study in green. It shows in nice detail how well the subject blends with the environment. I dont know if you cropped or how much other "space" is present in the original. Are there any other crops that might strengthen the image like frog looking across the frame or up? Is there a way to move the subject slightly off center.... Exposure looks perfect and subject is very sharp.. Thanks for posting in FFM.
[b]Dennis Olivero[/b]
[url=http://www.northernlightnaturephotography.com][b]Northern Light Nature Photography[/b][/url]
NSN 20

by Carol Clarke on Tue Nov 11, 2003 11:36 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
It would be nice to see this with a cleaner background to show him off better but you take what you can get! - I'm still laughing at Bill's comment about the salad.

:lol:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by NDCheryl on Tue Nov 11, 2003 12:43 pm
NDCheryl
Lifetime Member
Member #:00026
Congrats on finding an endangered species and getting shots of it. I like it even though it looks like it is sitting in a salad. Hopefully the next one will be in a cleaner BG. Thanks for sharing.
Cheryl Ertelt
http://www.photosphrases.com
NSN 0026 LTM

5 posts |