Tonights offerings

Posted by david fletcher on Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:21 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
Taken barely 15 minutes ago. 8.10pm UK time.  Z7II and Z 100-400 S.  Taken FF.  

Our lady is very happy to drop by and still remains very relaxed.  Oddly, she is seen taking food back to her den, but have not seen any kits yet, despite her clearly no longer lactating.  

1/100 HH F8 at ISO 1000.

Thanks for looking and feel free to view uncompressed.

Link to high rez HERE

Feedback on that lens being that it's difficult to find a weakness for what I intend as its use.   (It's a 4.5/5.6 lens so I am not expecting  its Bokeh to match a 2.8 and therefore, do not see that as weakness.   (Besides, big drivers for bokeh are subject distance v bg distance as well as aperture so I still can influence that).  

Sharpness is clearly very good.  Focus speed very good and is faster on the Z7II than my F lenses.  Light weight  a welcome plus, but main driver for me is IQ and its a winner there.   Am looking forward to pairing it with the 1.4 extender so I can compare with my Sigma 150-600 Sport.  800 PF will arrive as soon as the next millennium passes...LOL.

Regarding the 800 PF, I've thought about doing the 500 PF F lens whilst I wait, but in honesty, my expectations with this 100-400 with a 1.4 makes me feel its not going to be necessary.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

Posted by:
david fletcher
Member #:00525

by Carol Clarke on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:07 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I hope she's got access to clean drinking water on her travels, Dave. The next couple of days are going to be a challenge for all animals, wild or domestic, this heatwave is breaking all the records and not in a good way.   I would really appreciate some good old traditional British weather - wet and cool, instead of this crazy drought and 100 + degrees F!     A lovely image of this so relaxed but attentive little lady on her nightly visit to Casa Fletcher. :) 

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:56 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Really shines when clicked on. I love it when wildlife know when they are not in danger and can relax. That makes it easier to capture that relaxed pose. That’s how the Bighorns are out here. That is a good question about where the young are. As Carol says, the heat can take quite a toll on wildlife. We are also in a heat wave and drought. Some places don’t even have shade for the wildlife to get into. Bosque is drier than I have ever seen it, considering it lays alongside the Rio Grande. I wonder if things will ever return to conditions of years past.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:26 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
I'm impressed on all counts. Beautiful shot, and lovely lady. Do you live in an urban area? /Perhaps it is best if the kits stay hidden.....thinking of traffic and such.
You've got me curious about your camera and lens combo, though I am still happy with D500 (or D850) and 300 f4 or 500pf. Looking forward to so small bird shots from you maybe? :)

We are in a mild drought not horrible...yet. But this is the 2nd year. Hoping for rain for all the world, it seems.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by david fletcher on Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:57 am
david fletcher
Carol Clarke wrote:I hope she's got access to clean drinking water on her travels, Dave. The next couple of days are going to be a challenge for all animals, wild or domestic, this heatwave is breaking all the records and not in a good way.   I would really appreciate some good old traditional British weather - wet and cool, instead of this crazy drought and 100 + degrees F!     A lovely image of this so relaxed but attentive little lady on her nightly visit to Casa Fletcher. :) 

Carol.
Thanks Carol.

Happily, our neighbourhood are quite good as I often see when out running, little bowls of water put out for the local wildlife.   (even Casa Fletcher has a couple of fresh water sites for them.. :wink: )...

NSN00525

by david fletcher on Mon Jul 18, 2022 2:02 am
david fletcher
Thanks Joe and Cindy. Appreciated. Be nice to get some normal weather. (knowing me Cindy, the little birds will be on my radar in the autumn so I'll feedback then).

NSN00525

by Swissblad on Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:11 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
Lovely portrait, Dave.....nice to have such a photogenic visitor!

by david fletcher on Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:20 am
david fletcher
Thanks Sinuhe. Am very lucky with this lady...

NSN00525

by ADKShooter on Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:01 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
I think this is my favorite of your fox images. I'm not sure any wild animal, let alone a fox has ever looked that comfortable in the presence of a person. I never try and review the sharpness of a lens by what I see on a site such as this, but I can say that my journalist nephew has the Z9, Z711 and the Z100-400s and he said, you will not be disappointed. Good luck and hope to see more or your great work.

by Lerkes on Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:16 am
Lerkes
Lifetime Member
Member #:00178
Beautiful portrait - love the relaxed mood and low angle. Well done!

Steve
Steven J Berkowitz, VMD
Kirkwood, PA
http://www.pbase.com/lerkes

by david fletcher on Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:53 am
david fletcher
Thank you very much Warren and Steve.  Appreciated.  (still waiting on the Z9 despite ordering in November last year....something wrong there!   :(.... What is noticeable, is the way the 100-400 pairs with the Z body I have and lets me shoot at lower speeds...nice to have as it lets me keep the iso down.).. 

NSN00525

11 posts |