Cooling Off - Hot Summer.

Posted by Arindam Bhattacharya on Thu May 12, 2022 12:09 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Really apologize for not being active here and posting images regularly. Due to pandemics and some personal emergencies, not traveled much for the past 2 yrs.

After a gap of 3 yrs visited, Kanha & Pench, central Indian tiger reserve, I felt the thrill of sitting in a safari vehicle and what I was missing over the past few months.

This image is from Pench NP. Decided not to crop it. Planning to write a short blog post for this sighting with a few more images. Hopefully, I will be done soon.
Thanks for your time  :)
April-2022

Canon 5DM3 + 500mm IS2.
F4, ISO1000,1/640s
Arindam Bhattacharya
Instagram:- arindam_bhattacharya_wildlife
Email:- arindamimages@gmail.com

Posted by:
Arindam Bhattacharya
Forum Contributor

by david fletcher on Thu May 12, 2022 12:41 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Share your pain Arindam. The last few years have been quite a challenge. Good use of habitat in this image. The Tiger looks a little surly possibly due to the heat.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Carol Clarke on Thu May 12, 2022 3:51 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Good to see you again!  I think the pandemic changed all our lives, Arindam, and put a hold on many things.  I trust your personal emergencies are now behind you and you can move forward again.  This lovely behaviour capture is a great start.  What a handsome tiger and the expression on its face is priceless - those eyes are so compelling!  You did the right thing not cropping this one, it gives a real feel for the habitat and where this beauty has chosen to take a cooling bath to escape the heat.  It really tells the story.  Well done!

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Mary Brun on Thu May 12, 2022 3:59 pm
Mary Brun
Forum Contributor
Really an extraordinary image that describes the environment of this tiger very well, you were right not to crop it.
Mary
Mary Brun photography - "Trees are the support of the sky, if we cut them down, the firmament will fall over us" - Indios legend 

by Axel Hildebrandt on Thu May 12, 2022 5:40 pm
Axel Hildebrandt
Member #:00941
Must have been a hot day and the facial expression tells the story.
Axel Hildebrandt

by Arindam Bhattacharya on Fri May 13, 2022 2:29 am
Arindam Bhattacharya
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:Share your pain Arindam.  The last few years have been quite a challenge.  Good use of habitat in this image.  The Tiger looks a little surly possibly due to the heat.

Thank you David. Glad that you liked it. He is a full-grown male tiger and due to the heat, he seemed to be uncomfortable. 
Arindam Bhattacharya

by Arindam Bhattacharya on Fri May 13, 2022 2:31 am
Arindam Bhattacharya
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Good to see you again!  I think the pandemic changed all our lives, Arindam, and put a hold on many things.  I trust your personal emergencies are now behind you and you can move forward again.  This lovely behaviour capture is a great start.  What a handsome tiger and the expression on its face is priceless - those eyes are so compelling!  You did the right thing not cropping this one, it gives a real feel for the habitat and where this beauty has chosen to take a cooling bath to escape the heat.  It really tells the story.  Well done!

Carol.

Thank you Carol. Yes, the pandemic has changed many things. It was a little difficult to back on track but it feels great to be back in wild. I have been watching tigers for more than a decade still the feelings in same as my first ever tiger spotting. 
Arindam Bhattacharya

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat May 14, 2022 10:03 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
What a look! Fabulous shot. So glad you are back in gear, so to speak. It's been tough not getting out to travel. Looking forward to more great shots.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by ADKShooter on Sat May 14, 2022 12:24 pm
ADKShooter
Forum Contributor
Member #:02167
I share much of your personal thoughts as I have also had some personal family issues along with the pandemic issues. In any event, this image of the tiger is a wonderful one and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

by Arindam Bhattacharya on Sun May 15, 2022 4:32 am
Arindam Bhattacharya
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:What a look! Fabulous shot. So glad you are back in gear, so to speak. It's been tough not getting out to travel. Looking forward to more great shots.

Hello Cynthia, Thank you. Glad to be back again on track. :) 
Arindam Bhattacharya

by Arindam Bhattacharya on Sun May 15, 2022 4:34 am
Arindam Bhattacharya
Forum Contributor
ADKShooter wrote:I share much of your personal thoughts as I have also had some personal family issues along with the pandemic issues.  In any event, this image of the tiger is a wonderful one and I hope to see more of your work in the future.
Glad that you liked it. Hopefully, I will be posting here regularly going forward. Thank you. :) 
Arindam Bhattacharya

by Des on Mon May 16, 2022 12:43 pm
Des
Forum Contributor
What a stare! An unusual scene well captured.
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

12 posts |